• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cezinho

Reaction score
long time without posting here.

La Vera
Boggi
EG Cappell
Rubinacci

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@colco

Or we'll loosen your schtick to embrace more creativity in your style

Last edited:

cezinho

Reaction score
[/SPOILER]

Nice. Interested to know what trousers & shoes you went for?

Woolen high and clean waisted toursers in navy
dark oak cap toe oxfords by Edward Green

colco

Reaction score
I don't really understand what you mean by "shtick" as you are using it here. Regardless, creativity should only follow once the essentials are fully understood and mastered. That is one thing this forum is very very good at it.
For the sake of asking, do you feel that wearing clothes that don't fit is a sign of creativity?

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs gents. Dressed as warm as possible today, including shearling lined boots which are all salted up.

Best,

DL-

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That overcoat should come with a title and an estate, Ac2.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overcoat - BB

I always liked those older Brooks Polo coats and I regret not picking one up a couple years ago. The new ones are laughably short and not worthy of the name. Another superb look, @upr_crust !

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always liked those older Brooks Polo coats and I regret not picking one up a couple years ago. The new ones are laughably short and not worthy of the name. Another superb look, @upr_crust
!

I was discussing that point with my MTM man at BB, and he said that Martin Greenfield probably still has the patterns for the old BBGF camel's hair polo coats, if you wanted to engage him in making them for you custom, and yes, the new ones are too short. As it was, I snatched mine on a December 26th sale several years ago - a decision I have never regretted.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few quick shots from today:

Edited: managed to grab a full picture in natural light.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ac, I don't love that shirt with the other items, and I wish the tie were a bit lighter to respond a bit to the light pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics