• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the compliments and thumbs, gents. Bust day at work, so unable to to reply, but I am back in the saddle now!

@EliodA and @SeaJen, no, no personal photographer lol. But I do have a good buddy who is a very talented photographer who does me teh favor of taking pics from time to time.

As far as the jacket sleeves, the SC is MTO Formosa from NMWA (that answers your question @Betelgeuse), there was a snafu when the jacket first arrived which needed alteration. Formosa fixed the issue, but for some reason they finished the sleeves, and I have short arms, so that was the only solution. At first it bugged me, but it has since grown on me. I think its spunky and different.

@Caustic Man, brown trews are perhaps the best trews.

@Anden, thanks, man. I gave you my word did I not? :)

@ShawnBC, much appreciated. I can find something bad, or suboptimal, but Id rather leave it be.

@ridethecliche, I am a farmer. So, yeah. And thanks!

@DavidLane, much appreciated. The trousers are Epaulet MTO mocha lambswool. Highly recommended.

@GMMcL, thanks you kindly. I find that the trick with brown/beige trousers is the shade. With gray, as long as you are mid gray or lighter, you are pretty much money and the shades are pretty much interchangeable with what is up top. Unless you are wearing something very dark or very light, most shades of gray trousers will work.

With brown/beige though, I think you need to be much more careful with what shade you pick based on the SC and tie. For example, with your SC (which is awesome) I would not hesitate a second to wear brown trou, but not at all the ones I am wearing. They need a darker, cooler, more chocolatey brown. Whereas said color would not work well with the check SC I am wearing, it needed a lighter, warmer, more saturated brown (I have a pair of each and held them up with the SC and it was no contest), and yet, had I gone lighter, to beige, that also would probably have been off.

Tl;rd, something in the brown family will almost always work for trousers but its a lot easier to botch than picking a shade of gray.

It doesn't bother me all that much.

Nor I. Ideally a little cuff should show, but I dont mind that much when it doesnt, and also, often the way you hold your arms for a pic tends to hide cuff that would otherwise show.

That's some really good stuff Euro, Justin, Gmmcl, and 6.

Plus one. And many other greats fits as well today. Solid showing, fellow forumites!

@Stilig, I keep going back and forth on whether or not I like the coat there. Its definitely a young and slightly louche look. Like from a Belstaff lookbook. I dont think I would do it, but I will go ahead and say I like it on you, despite my knee jerk reaction.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Moi

I've not yet mastered (based solely on thumbs, mind you) the art of wearing the beige trew. And I like it so much.
I also love the combo of that gun check with that color grenadine tie -- I have similar of each, and deploy them together as often as I can get away with.

Tell me, what label is this sportcoat?

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all but the tallest of men, I think a DB should be as short as possible because it bisects the wearer with a hard horizontal line. With a SB coat, the sweep of the fronts up to the buttoning point extends the apparent length of the legs.

nabil, is that a suit? The texture is amazing.

It's just a sportscoat, my man. Interestingly, I recently placed an order for a grey DB. Pictures soon, when it's time for the first fitting (next week, hopefully).

... I get my approval from real people. When my friends ,family, random girls , my fiance ,customers and mostly myself. That's what matters.

The mic has dropped.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@GMMcL,
thanks you kindly. I find that the trick with brown/beige trousers is the shade. With gray, as long as you are mid gray or lighter, you are pretty much money and the shades are pretty much interchangeable with what is up top. Unless you are wearing something very dark or very light, most shades of gray trousers will work. With brown/beige though, I think you need to be much more careful with what shade you pick based on the SC and tie. For example, with your SC (which is awesome) I would not hesitate a second to wear brown trou, but not at all the ones I am wearing. They need a darker, cooler, more chocolatey brown. Whereas said color would not work well with the check SC I am wearing, it needed a lighter, warmer, more saturated brown (I have a pair of each and held them up with the SC and it was no contest), and yet, had I gone lighter, to beige, that also would probably have been off. Tl;rd, something in the brown family will almost always work for trousers but its a lot easier to botch than picking a shade of gray. Nor I. Ideally a little cuff should show, but I dont mind that much when it doesnt, and also, often the way you hold your arms for a pic tends to hide cuff that would otherwise show.
Helpful insight. It's the saturated desert beige that I've seen Spoo pull off (what else is new) that I've tried a few times to no avail.
Tell me, what label is this sportcoat?
Luigi Bianchi Mantova. Bought on Yoox lately and nipped in at the back just a hair to pull it closer to my body. I find Luigi Bianchi and their diffusion LBM 1911 line fit me very well (despite the short cut and high button point -- THAT'S RIGHT SF; FU AND YOUR CONVENTION!) In fact, I bought three of the same style in different colorways (beige, blue/brown, green/gray) during the Yoox sale, and have 3 more at last count.
Here are the other 2 from Yoox And one of the others. I also have a green donegal, and one I'm forgetting.
@GMMcL who makes those chukkas?
Alfred Sargent. e-thrift. Long time coming; I'd had my eye out for hatch grain chukkas for a good long time. Was stoked to win these. Thanks for the thumbs, doods.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, LBM1911 is not Lubiam's diffusion line. It is simply a standalone line/project within the company, with separate designers and a concept anchored on working with washed, garment-dyed and printed fabrics, with the lightest possible construction.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I almost bought a few of those when they were on sale at Yoox but they didn't have the patterns I liked in store. Yoox is going to be my go to for clothes in the future. Serious deals there sometimes!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Helpful insight.
It's the saturated desert beige that I've seen Spoo pull off (what else is new) that I've tried a few times to no avail.
Luigi Bianchi Mantova. Bought on Yoox lately and nipped in at the back just a hair to pull it closer to my body.
I find Luigi Bianchi and their diffusion LBM 1911 line fit me very well (despite the short cut and high button point -- THAT'S RIGHT SF; FU AND YOUR CONVENTION!)
In fact, I bought three of the same style in different colorways (beige, blue/brown, green/gray) during the Yoox sale, and have 3 more at last count.

Cool man. I wondered bc that exact fabric is what this Brooks Brothers jacket I picked up on sale this season is made of. But yours is clearly different in cut and configuration.

Looks great on you!

[/SPOILER]

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people not like the color/item combination of the outfit (too matchy?) or the cut of the jacket? I honestly really liked both. I even like the pocket square fold tbh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads