• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Displacement

Reaction score
Shady - great shoes, but I hope you come into this thread with an open mind. The ability to be open to new knowledge is closely correlated with intelligence, and if you want to develop your style here you'll do well to learn from what you will find in the last several pages of this thread (and whnay's good taste thread, the 20+ composite thread, etc).

Menswear's rules and traditions were developed for good reasons, subtle though they may be. Wearing those shoes without socks breaks the rules in a way you may regret in a year when you cannot wear them any more due to the odor or mold that could develop in them. It would be a shame to waste a great pair of shoes like that. And for the record, I do wear loafers without shoes on a fairly regular basis, but only because I have a good rotation and a care routine to forestall their retirement.

Best of luck, I hope you enjoy the learning process here. It can be a harsh one if you approach it with the wrong attitude.

Last edited:

ShadyDorathy

Reaction score
It's not that "dressed up" actually, more of a smart casual look i guess, i definitely agree, socks should be put on with formal look. thanks for the suggestion

ShadyDorathy

Reaction score
yup, sure, i'm a rookie here, learning from all of you is why i came here for. really appreciate your suggestion

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
friday challenge X post

GUESS WHO!!!!

Rudals

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@upr_crust
 IMPOSTER!

Noodles, Stitchy's doing Holdfast, not me! You can tell by the placement of the feet, and the lean against the chair. (Nice bookcases, BTW, Stitchy.)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A white shirt works with everything.

no, no it does not. i think even doc will agree to that.

Noodles, Stitchy's doing Holdfast, not me! You can tell by the placement of the feet, and the lean against the chair. (Nice bookcases, BTW, Stitchy.)

The black bar across the eyes was also a dead giveaway.

and the hand over hand, AND THE SMILE !!!!!!

and thanks, crusty, i like them very much.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gianni made my this lovely tie, apparently there was only enough of this 50 year old silk for two ties, one for me & one for him.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thank you very much Gianni !
-TTO
Thank you for your kindness .. you really are a gentleman. your words I need to do better. Anyway, it's true. Vintage fabric that was enough for only two ties, one for me and one for you! Thanks again and see you in London on 20-21 May for the trunk show.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads