• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SB is 100% correct, regardless of #menswear clones wearing them with everything imaginable, double monks are only above crepe sole shoes and sneakers in appropriateness to wear with a suit.

well, i guess then you will be pretty mad when i wear black calf DMs with your DB suit.

in any case, i understand your history, and certainly do not argue with it, but a plain calf cap toe DMs on a not too aggressive last, i have a hard time seeing why thats inappropriate with a suit.

X-post from FC, presenting my view in the DM debate:

that is one electric purple SC. spoo is jealous.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Literally got called during the 10 (or whatever) seconds of waiting for the camera timer to end, and had to take the call. Apologies for the ridiculously cheesy pose that resulted, but I couldn't be bothered to retake the pic...

Shirt is new from Luxire; was in two minds about picking this fabric but I absolutely LOVE it!

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mr. Six. In my most humble of opinions the Robo pose with your arms straight down almost never looks good. It almost always throws off your shoulder and chest and ends up being subpar.

It looks very good on only very few people.

Try doing something with your arms like the button pose or the hand in the pocket pose or something like Clags does. Anything that looks more natural than the Robo pose will almost always look better from what I have seen here.

I'm sure you'll come up with something good. Just work on it and keep posting excellent combos!

Last edited:

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What if one Roboposed the Robopose

quick google of Robopose, is This you AAS?

luv2breformed

Reaction score
Literally got called during the 10 (or whatever) seconds of waiting for the camera timer to end, and had to take the call. Apologies for the ridiculously cheesy pose that resulted, but I couldn't be bothered to retake the pic...

Shirt is new from Luxire; was in two minds about picking this fabric but I absolutely LOVE it!

I really like your new shirt also. Neat casual look today, I'd prefer a slightly lighter colored jacket, but w/e.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like the shirt (great collar roll!) and the jacket, but probably not together. I might be wrong, but the shirt looks very summery to me. I see it working better with a more casual linen or cotton blazer during the warmer months.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
Theoretically true (and it will be worn with such items in summer too) but in practice I find linen shirts with winter jackets (or jumpers) to be the perfect way to segue into the shoulder season. Like today, it was still a bit cold when walking outside but really warm in some rooms indoors with all the sunlight pouring in. The combo of tweed jacket and linen shirt works great for me. Jacket on outside and kept me warm; off indoors to stay cool & comfortable.

This is actually why I can't play in this week's Friday Challenge: it calls for a lightweight worsted odd jacket as a way of bridging the seasons and I just don't do that (I only have one such item and it has a navy backgroundwhich the Challenge excludes this week). I tend to favour using summer shirts plus extra layers (cotton jumper, tweed or cord or whatever jacket) on top that I can remove as needed.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the thumbs over the last couple of days, guys. Today. Sorry for the limited field. All the other shots were blurry or unsalvageably dark. Isaia Borrelli Drake'sx2 Trafalgar Pantherella Carson St.

john12

Reaction score

very good. the jacket sits on you perfectly. i like it

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jungle, perhaps its just the lighting, but a lighter, more blue less gray, shirt, would be more better there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads