• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@in stitches , I am going to say it yet again, since I've only just seen it - superb jacket and an excellent fit all round - these beige-brown combinations suit you very well. One minor detail - because you are at the level where minor details matter - I agree with Pingson that the white PS was a sub-optimal choice here and that a darker PS would have made this absolutely impeccable.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:D

Sadly, of all forms of humor, irony is the one least likely to survive in the hostile environment of the internet.  Pity.

Cheers,

Ac

Irony? Oh, you mean like 'coppery' and 'bronzy', right?

MattR

Reaction score

Feeling like a white shirt would have been better. C'est la vie. Re: red tie - I fall into the Cantabrigian camp on that one.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grading all day. All patterns, all over. I've never tried this before. I think it lacks contrast i.e. the colors are a bit muted. Maybe a navy tie would have been better. The tie is new to me from eBay: Brooks Brothers grenadine. Pants are herringbone.

Also, this overcoat was one of my first thrift finds out of college. Brooks Brothers, $65, no tags, but I think camel hair. I was going to sell it this month because I didn't like the way it fit me. I hadn't tried it on in several years. I like the way it fits now. What was I thinking? I might have the sleeves lengthened a bit.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@in stitches
, I am going to say it yet again, since I've only just seen it - superb jacket and an excellent fit all round - these beige-brown combinations suit you very well. One minor detail - because you are at the level where minor details matter - I agree with Pingson that the white PS was a sub-optimal choice here and that a darker PS would have made this absolutely impeccable.

thanks, FM. ill assume you saw my reply to pingson regarding the PS choice. either way, if the only critique is in the use of a plain white PS, i think im doin aight.

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holdfast, Cotton Dockers, sugarbutch, An Acute Style, et alia: lots of really beautiful plaids and PoWs. Warming up for the Friday Challenge? If so, and if these are any indication, it promises to be a good one.

Cheers,

Ac

ImTheGroom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Feeling like a white shirt would have been better. C'est la vie. Re: red tie - I fall into the Cantabrigian camp on that one.

I think the blue shirt was the right call; it takes a little sting out of the red tie. I like the tie, but I think if like it less with a white shirt.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Having some fun with it.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if the only critique is in the use of a plain white PS, i think im doin aight.

Well absolutely - you're consistently one of the best dressed people here now. I shudder to think what your total spending looks like for the last two years though!

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^RTC im all for having fun, but a dinner jacket with a blue ocbd and a bowtie?

Yeah, it's pretty horrible. I can only hope he was just messing around in the privacy of his own home and didn't actually go out anywhere dressed like this...
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads