• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
everything is magnificent and the tie is amazing .... Congrats.

A thousand thanks. Very kind of you. The tie is from Ike Behar. I've got a few by him, and they all knot very nicely, if largely (since they're *very* heavy).

Cheers,

Ac

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cold today. A lot of snow still on the ground. I wore a cardigan for extra warmth and wore it instead of my jacket for most of the day. The vest is new from eBay. I thought it was brown when I bought it, but it appears to be a greenish brown. Or maybe it's just the lighting. I got this jacket back from the tailor. The sleeves are a much better length now.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very cold today. A lot of snow still on the ground. I wore a cardigan for extra warmth and wore it instead of my jacket for most of the day. The vest is new from eBay. I thought it was brown when I bought it, but it appears to be a greenish brown. Or maybe it's just the lighting. I got this jacket back from the tailor. The sleeves are a much better length now.
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Sportcoat fit is nice. The vest/cardigan thing is not doing it for me. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing corduroy on top of wool as opposed to the other way around

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a long time reader of this thread and have only posted a couple of crappy indoor pics in the past. Here are my first decent contributions (photo quality wise) to the thread.

That fit is very nice and please post more outfits in the future

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a long time reader of this thread and have only posted a couple of crappy indoor pics in the past. Here are my first decent contributions (photo quality wise) to the thread.

This is very nice, but I have two quick thoughts: 1) the sleeves on the jacket could be let down a touch; and 2) the quarters on the jacket seem rather open, not sure if that is your preference.

Great job overall!

inlandisland

Reaction score
John Doe, are those 3 inch cuffs on your trousers?
--

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brrr. Uncharacteristically cold today. Dug this out of the back of my closet. Didn't know I had it. Don't know where I got it.

Very nice item to find at the back of the wardrobe! If there's enough material, I'd consider adding turn-ups; I think that heavy-fabric 3pc suits benefit from the visual heft of turn-ups to balance out all that chunk cloth up top.

Fantastic sport coat, CD. Looks to fit very well.

It's interesting. I agree that it appears to fit very well. However, despite that, I don't actually find it a flattering fit for his build as it appears to make him look hip-heavy. I know SF trends away from a more built-up shoulder - and I don't even know whether this one is padded or not - but I do think a slightly wider and more structured shoulder might balance things out more. More closed fronts and a (slightly) lower buttoning point creating a longer lapel line would also help in this regard. YMMV, based on how you want garments to look.

I like this quite a lot; please consider entering it into this week Friday Challenge!

Last edited:

inlandisland

Reaction score
Yeah... they look real big.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this quite a lot; please consider entering it into this week Friday Challenge!
Thanks. I wore the outfit with that in mind, but I think I can do better. I was eager to wear the vest because it was new, but it's a bit matchy with the pants. I'll try to cook something else up.

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Re: CottonDocker's jacket

It's interesting. I agree that it appears to fit very well. However, despite that, I don't actually find it a flattering fit for his build as it appears to make him look hip-heavy. I know SF trends away from a more built-up shoulder - and I don't even know whether this one is padded or not - but I do think a slightly wider and more structured shoulder might balance things out more. More closed fronts and a (slightly) lower buttoning point creating a longer lapel line would also help in this regard. YMMV, based on how you want garments to look.

I agree that a lower buttoning point might improve it, but that is a stylistic issue rather than a fit issue I think. A stronger shoulder or perhaps less flaring hips (if that is the case) might also improve it, but it might also be a photographic effect.
Regardless, I love the fabric.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ac2, I like that suit, but I think that the jacket/vest are too long for you. Could be the pictures of course, but it looks like you are a regular wearing a long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads