• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those beards makes me feel inadequate as a man.

Last edited:

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

(2)   You wrote:  "I do have to ask what occasion it is for. There are some business situations where it would definitely not be a good idea to wear it"

I'm a university professor.  That's what I wore to work yesterday.  It's pretty typical for me, actually, especially on days when I'm lecturing.  Took the photos once I got home yesterday (one reason why there's less natural light than I would have liked). 

You're quite astute to ask about the context, which isn't always considered, and I'm glad that you did.  That's why I don't wear a pocket square.  I like them and would love to wear them, but they would be out of bounds on my campus.  I'm not sure that even my tenure could save me if I wore one ...

My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment.  It's very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ac

Well, the 3-piece with lapels on the vest is certainly OK for a professor...if not a professor, then who? Check out our esteemed member Pingson who is also a professor who wears that look (quite spectacularly) often.

It is nice that you set a good example for your student.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after. Personally I find them apalling but everyone is entitled to their taste.

This statement is hilarious.

Silhouette

Reaction score
This statement is hilarious.

Why man?
uhoh.gif
frown.gif

donChisciotte

Reaction score
Don't you like these beards or beards in general?
Funny that men shouldn't take as ideal one of their most representative traits.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably because of the combination of such a definitive statement ("Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after") followed by the clearly disingenuous claim that you are open-minded on the subject ("everyone is entitled to their taste").

At least that's the polite way of putting it.

HuskyDandy

Reaction score
Suit Supply experts--please assist!! January issue of Esquire...page 44...they show a suit from SS --grey with large purple windowpane...why can i not find that on SS website? Any suggestions? Looking for it in 48 reg. Thanks!!

Silhouette

Reaction score
Probably because of the combination of such a definitive statement ("Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after") followed by the clearly disingenuous claim that you are open-minded on the subject ("everyone is entitled to their taste").

At least that's the polite way of putting it.

You're correct. I should've contemplated my output once more before I hit the submit-button. As damage-control, I'd like to state that what I wrote wasn't meant to be definitive, nor was I trying to be open-minded. This is definitive.

Don't you like these beards or beards in general?
Funny that men shouldn't take as ideal one of their most representative traits.

Beard can be a great accessoary. Current fashionable stiles of beard don't appeal to me though.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Suit Supply experts--please assist!! January issue of Esquire...page 44...they show a suit from SS --grey with large purple windowpane...why can i not find that on SS website? Any suggestions? Looking for it in 48 reg. Thanks!!

I'm not an expert on SuitSupply, you might try in this thread. But maybe that model is only available in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads