• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No disapproval at all. It's just a distinctive piece.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only one pattern today.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
It was super cold today in NYC. Had to layer up. I also got some new pants from Uniqlo. Both are tweedy grey 80% wool. Not bad for $50. I was hoping the top pair would be lighter, but I don't have many heavyweight pants so I'll keep them. I have to get these to the tailor along with a few other items.
Pants, cardigan, and sport coat from Uniqlo.
Trying for the right descriptor - too many come to mind. Very quitely classic, Acute. Well done.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yesterday at Pitti ... with quite a lot of colors I wear .... but I like ... I choose everything according to my instincts ... and everything is made in bespoke Pirozzi.

Obviously vintage tie and pocket square me-I have made. Then made in Passaggio Cravatte

Gianni, in my view, this would have been perfect if it had been a grey flannel suit (like the jacket). The yellow trousers, while they are beautiful in themselves and would work in a summer outfit or with a different colour coat, are just too reminscent of Ronald McDonald with the (also lovely) red coat.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Clags: Should I be insulted that you’ve not invited me to discuss **** civilly? I mean, I’m trying not to be insulted, but…
I didn't think you were capable of having a civil conversation when it comes to cuffing pants. I'm sure after the second sentence you'd be ranting about how the Cuffless killed Jesus.

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
AAS, who you calling short?
LL
I thought you were 5'9" too. No? Also, I said you look short not that you are short. Important distinction.
I'm 5'8" you giant! No need to lord it over those of smaller stature... :) [/quote]
Clags: Should I be insulted that you’ve not invited me to discuss **** civilly? I mean, I’m trying not to be insulted, but…
I didn't think you were capable of having a civil conversation when it comes to cuffing pants. I'm sure after the second sentence you'd be ranting about how the Cuffless killed Jesus.
Sir. I do not rant. And I think cuffless pants are completely appropriate in some situations. So, I now know that I should be insulted.

inlandisland

Reaction score

Yesterday at Pitti ... with quite a lot of colors I wear .... but I like ... I choose everything according to my instincts ... and everything is made in bespoke Pirozzi. Obviously vintage tie and pocket square me-I have made. Then made in Passaggio Cravatte
I like bold and colourful, but all I can think of when I see this is condiments.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yesterday at Pitti ... with quite a lot of colors I wear .... but I like ... I choose everything according to my instincts ... and everything is made in bespoke Pirozzi. Obviously vintage tie and pocket square me-I have made. Then made in Passaggio Cravatte
Let's revive this thread.
What I wore today for work: - G.abo Napoli jacket - Morris Heritage shirt, tie and sleeveless cardigan - Rubinacci Pochette - Oscar Jacobson Trouser - DèPio socks - Cleverley Tassels Too poor to afford a nice watch, so let us just all imagine there's a Vacheron Constantin on that wrist.
There certainly are quite a few well dressed Swedes posting here. :thumbs-up:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gianni, in my view, this would have been perfect if it had been a grey flannel suit (like the jacket). The yellow trousers, while they are beautiful in themselves and would work in a summer outfit or with a different colour coat, are just too reminscent of Ronald McDonald with the (also lovely) red coat.
Thank you for your kind comment ... you're right on the jacket. But the fabric of the jacket is very vintage. And there was even more to make the pants .... but then I really like the color =) ... but usually that I match the jacket photo of a dark gray flannel trousers, always vintage. Then I will show you.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^That's a really nice fit! I think you will get more constructive feedback in this thread though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads