• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been on vacation for a bit. I took a bunch of pics. I'll post one a day because I'll be low on material for a while. No work and all.
6/28/13 in Boston
Top half is very nice imho, the lower half leds down a bit. Stronger contrast between coat and pants would have been more pleasing to the eye; what are the shoes? Seem a little informal to me.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In RTW, yes, you're right, most suits and SC have a fabric tag. For MTM or bespoke, it becomes a stylistic choice:

All of my MTM coats and trousers come with the fabric label by default. Never gave it much thought, really. I wouldn't call it a "stylistic" choice, in any case.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats quite the angle, MF. :)

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats quite the angle, MF.
smile.gif
I was trying to inconspicuously take a selfie while waiting on the tube
shog[1].gif

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes are Generic Surplus wingtip sneakers. They're waterproof. I thought it was going to rain that day, I was going on vacation and wanted to pack as sensibly as possible. I actually had a rain jacket on earlier in the day, but changed when I saw that it wasn't going to rain. I'm not crazy about wearing them with a tie, but I don't want to ruin my good shoes.

I've always been curious about footwear when it rains. Waterproof shoes? Waterproof spray on leather/suede? Or galoshes? What do you guys do?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoes are Generic Surplus wingtip sneakers.  They're waterproof.  I thought it was going to rain that day, I was going on vacation and wanted to pack as sensibly as possible.  I actually had a rain jacket on earlier in the day, but changed when I saw that it wasn't going to rain.  I'm not crazy about wearing them with a tie, but I don't want to ruin my good shoes.  

I've always been curious about footwear when it rains.  Waterproof shoes?  Waterproof spray on leather/suede? Or galoshes?  What do you guys do?  

Rain doesn't ruin shoes. It's that simple. I wear my leather shoes in all kinds of weather, never had a problem (and Berlin winters are harsh). Of course I don't hike in them for hours in the rain, but walking through the city for some hours, long subway rides... no problem.

Last edited:

Ernie

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with my shoes either. Sweden is moody when it comes to weather but it hasn't been a bother.
+1 on the tie MF, I like it.

Last edited:

Dewi

Reaction score

The shoes are Generic Surplus wingtip sneakers. They're waterproof. I thought it was going to rain that day, I was going on vacation and wanted to pack as sensibly as possible. I actually had a rain jacket on earlier in the day, but changed when I saw that it wasn't going to rain. I'm not crazy about wearing them with a tie, but I don't want to ruin my good shoes. I've always been curious about footwear when it rains. Waterproof shoes? Waterproof spray on leather/suede? Or galoshes? What do you guys do?
Overshoes/galoshes. I have blue Swims.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nod[1].gif

tie is fantastic. deets?

I've never had a problem with my shoes either. Sweden is moody when it comes to weather but it hasn't been a bother.
+1 on the tie MF, I like it.

Cheers guys, the E.G. Cappelli is one of my favorite conservative business dress ties!

And yes, after I was done typing I noticed it sounded dirty to inconspicuously take a selfie in the tube, but I know how much you appreciate that.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^tops. i LOVE my cappelli tie...awesome stuff

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was trying to inconspicuously take a selfie while waiting on the tube
shog%5B1%5D.gif
:laugh:
Rain doesn't ruin shoes. It's that simple. I wear my leather shoes in all kinds of weather, never had a problem (and Berlin winters are harsh). Of course I don't hike in them for hours in the rain, but walking through the city for some hours, long subway rides... no problem.
well, it may not ruin them, but sufficient water can really cause leather soles to soften up and wear down faster ime. galoshes are the way to go i think. YMMV.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all! What's been going on in here? Internet at new gig won't load images but I wanted to say hi to any and all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads