• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holdfast, I never commented on your outfits but I always enjoy them. As for Spring colors, it is Autumn here in Rio, but we have wonderfully sunny days in autumn, so the colors really pop out. I am on the road, so a repeat on the suit, but changed everything (I always bring more clothes than I need). Had to rely on the camera flash, hence dark pics, but I think you can get the idea.

I like these kinds of colours for Spring. Brave combo with the shoes; perhaps they're enough of a statement to not need a blue pocket square as well.

Last edited:

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Welcome to the Ville! It'll be good to have another SFer here. Just don't do any thrifting.
fight[1].gif
biggrin.gif

PM me if you wanna get together!

You made me eager to try the thrift stores with your great blog. You are your own worst enemy, haha!

I'll definitely be in contact at some point.
fistbump.gif

Albert Hal

Reaction score

More vintage: Suit, shirt, hat, glasses and tie from the 1940´s. The bag may be older.

The suit cost SEK 150. (Approx $22 / €17) About the same for the hat and shirt.

The silk flower is bought from A Suitable Wardrobe on the net.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm.... It's okay but it's not you, or anywhere near like anything else you wear on here..
Wear it casual to the beach with the sleeves rolled, 3-4 buttons undone and tails hanging out with short trousers. You could even wash the dog wearing it.... Really you could.

My final diagnosis : not cool at all.

H Carter, I don't like the SC because I don't like SCs like that but anyone who thinks chambray shirts are only for washing dogs is an idiot. Knit tie is definitely the way to go with that shirt.

Sub in a louder SC or a blazerwith a lot of texture and I think it'd work we'll.

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All cotton today.
Jacket by Aquascutum, Shirt is light blue oxford made in italy for K28 (great store in Malmö that unfortunately went out of business the other day), JCrew pants. C&J shoes
Jacket seems to be a little on the tight side.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A warm and sunny (or soon to be sunny) day in NYC - time for a little more color than yesterday's attire.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt -The Shirt Store, NYC
Tie - Hermes
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Braces - New & Lingwood
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"The flowers that bloom in the spring..." If you know your G&S.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[quote name="clarinetplayer" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/51150#post_6348640

"The flowers that bloom in the spring..." If you know your G&S.[/quote]

Bring promise of merry sunshine (so long as one does not have to marry the battleaxe contralto in the last act).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads