• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

She's Korean. I'm Texan. I'm not sure if I could justify to myself spending a few thousand dollars on a suit (though I'll probably not go above $2000 with shoes) unless it was for a special occasion. Koreans with money, however, need no such excuse. And unfortunately they often feel no need for taste either. Conspicuous consumption is insane here...you will also see a lot of people keeping the sleeve label attached to their suits so that people can see where they purchased it.

At least one member here...

giorgioarmani.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This weekend I attended a semi-outdoor wedding reception (inside a barn) in upstate NY, perfect fall weather. Shoutout to Tweedydon for setting me up with this wonderful vintage Cricketeer 3-piece!
As others have said, the flare on the vintage suit is quite noticeable. I think that if I wanted to rock it like that anyway, I'd try to more obviously echo something else from that era. Maybe even something as subtle as a broader shirt collar; just something to make your intent clear.
Attempting charcoal...
Two shades lighter on the trousers and it would have been perfect. Still fine though.
Why do my jackets look so weird fitting in pics???
Looks pretty OK to me. Not perfect, but fine. What are you noticing in particular?
on the casual side today
Needs a fuller pic to judge how the trousers & shoes work together, and with the top half. Could be great; might not be.
This is my first post on sf...
It's a nice start. Personally, I think a slightly longer jacket would look better, but you're younger than I am, so the more fashionable length is fine. I'm surprised it's an L; how tall are you, out of curiosity? More importantly, I don't think that tie works at all well in situ. Actually, I don't like it even in isolation, but I can conceive of outfits it might work. Just not with that colour shirt I think. Still, from my experience of medical conferences, I'd bet you were still one of the best dressed there...

Busy day...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Needs a fuller pic to judge how the trousers & shoes work together, and with the top half. Could be great; might not be.

Busy day...

lets go with great. speaking of, you look great today/

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FU

deets?

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I've given deets on the tie a few posts above, the PS is wool from Suit Supply
fing02[1].gif

They also have ties from that fabric, might work well for casual ties.

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's pretty sweet. Would have been better without the bow-tie though. Why did you choose double-breasted?

Thank you! I love my bow ties so I can't agree with you there. I wanted to make a suit that's really informal, where the jacket can be worn separately if I feel like it. I guess it's not in everyone's taste, with patch pockets and whatnot, but I love it. I have made a SB jacket for this suit as well, but my favourite is the DB though.

Last edited:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's pretty sweet. Would have been better without the bow-tie though. Why did you choose double-breasted?

No. Bow is excellent here.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this would have looked better with a light blue shirt, but I prefer to err on the side of a white shirt on days when I'm in court/administrative hearings.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally, I can't imagine it without the bow tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads