• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisb0109

Reaction score
Arrived in the mail today. Excuse the shoes, rumpled legs and the mirror spots.
_MG_0630_zps144da38d.jpg

_MG_0647_zps8cdead7f.jpg

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pingson I think you have stepped up your game the last couple of days, lot's of improvement compared to earlier posts.
The lapel roll looks quite flat, same as I noticed on another of your 3 button jackets...Where they always shaped like that or did a dry cleaner press out the roll?

Thanks, I think most of the "improvement" is better quality photos :embar:. I think all of the jackets the last few days, except for the three-piece, are true three-button jackets which I think are meant to roll less.

Layered Player

Reaction score

If you wonder why I only buy vintage and second hand clothes, please read this book, Dana Thomas; Deluxe - How Luxery lost its Luster, and you´ll understand. The price of a luxery brand and the quality do not meet. We pay their advertising, not their taylors. This is a Gucci jacket. It may have cost a thousand dollars or more. I bouhgt it cheap, under a hundered dollars. The fabric is nice and expensive. But the facturing? Probably made in a low cost factory somewhere in Asia. I do not want to pay 10 times the production cost just for a certain brand. I prefere real quality, i.e. before 1965

Concur as I was produced before 1965 myself!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score

Bow tie: Paul Stuart
In retrospect, I wish I had worn a different shirt--maybe a light, fine lined stripe. Oh well.

Kind of agree about the shirt, although nothing really wrong with it. But that tie is something else! Can't say I've ever been a bow tie man, apart from the obvious evening dress, but that one might just make it all worthwhile. Really lovely.

Nice herringbone; watch is stylish too.

Same tie, different context. Yesterday was a pattern mess...

I think I should start getting slimmer pants, too.
Mr Diaz, you're looking like a bit of a stand-out around here. Maybe you're right these trousers could be a bit narrower, but I wear mine quite loose too. What i want to know is: where can I get that jacket? It's stunning!

OK, this is a little too much, even for me. The suit, the tie and the silver stick are probably from the 1930´s. And the waistcoat is sooo 2011. But it works.

Too much? I don't know. Maybe that waistcoat just needs to be a softer shade, or have some other bright detail to complement it. But there's nothing wrong with an occasional bit of eccentricity I'd say. The only thing I'd lose is the gloves - these are too heavy; more modern serial-killer than Edwardian homage!

Transitioning from summer to fall with linen/cotton and corduroy, with a dash of chambray (yes, it looks like the PS matches the pants, oh well).

I do like that casual jacket, but personally, I'd take the shirt out quietly and shoot it. Each to his own though, it works.

You have a remarkable collection of serious jackets - this one's another beauty. I can't help but wonder if you live in a colder San Francisco than the one I recall!

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

• clarinetplayer

"Nice PS. Yes, slimmer trousers will enhance your finely tailored jacket."

Thanks. Yeah, I fully agree. It's just too damn hard to find RTW dress trousers with both a high rise and a slimmer cut around here (brick and mortar stores, where I can actually try on the pants; ordering on the net is risky and I'm not rich). These I wore today are old and back then I used to buy trousers with too short of an inseam, so can't make cuffs now. I was trying not to go the MTM route with trousers yet, as they are very sensitive to weight loss, but that might be my only option... I've had more luck finding slimmer chinos, I can live with a shorter rise on those
smile.gif

What i want to know is: where can I get that jacket? It's stunning!

It is from a spanish department store. The fabric is very nice but the jacket is fused
shog[1].gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads