• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And for the gap between the collars, this really irritates me! I even have the problem with my other suit. Is there anything a tailor could do to help fix that problem? 

I think it pretty much has to be at least 85% there on the first fitting to make it within striking distance of a tailor being able to make it work.

SirDoctor

Reaction score
WIWT
Pants are the same as jacket, and black oxfords and tie were my Grandfather's
No full body shot, oops!

Suit - OneSix5ive from Slaters
Waistcoat - part of a three piece from Santinelli through Slaters
Shirt - Daniel Hechter
Tie - Vintage
Shoes - Vintage

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
lately I've been coming around to pleats. these look tops monkey. I think for pleats to look their best they really need to be worn with braces instead of belt loops/belt.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lately I've been coming around to pleats. these look tops monkey. I think for pleats to look their best they really need to be worn with braces instead of belt loops/belt.

Yeah, I thought I'd give them a try. These are my only double pleated trousers, and I'm not sure whether my next ones will be double or single, but they definitely look best with braces. Still, my girlfriend called them grandpa pants
shog[1].gif

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Yeah, I thought I'd give them a try. These are my only double pleated trousers, and I'm not sure whether my next ones will be double or single, but they definitely look best with braces. Still, my girlfriend called them grandpa pants 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

HAHAHAHAHA. My wife said something similar about my single pleats. oh well. what can ya do? keep on keepin on.

daDudeson

Reaction score
Monkeyface, I like that shirt, tie, jacket combo. Been wanting to get myself a shirt with faded grey stripes for quite some time. I imagine it's pretty flexible.
As for suspenders, well, I dig them. I've started making the commitment of removing the belt loops on more and more of my suits, though I think a single pleat would be enough for me. still nice.

DC, I'm jealous of your grenadine ties

Here's today's fit
jacket is pretty much unconstructed and pretty thick material.

and for the sake of suspender talk… I have other colours on order, still in the adaption process. Hence the belt loops
blush.gif

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Who's the maker of the blue SC you feature in a lot of your pictures, Claghorn? I'm assuming you own more than one blue SC but the textured one that isn't a traiditonal/plain navy is the one I am referring to.
I have 6 or 7 blue jackets in rotation, but I think you may be talking about the tweed windowpane? Don't know what mill it's from though.

This is so much nicer than the bright blue I've always thought it was. Great!

I would say the weft has a bright/er shade, possibly silk? (assuming it's not poly and countless esters gave their life for it.)
biggrin.gif
Cashmere/wool. It shows up bright on my camera, but not my wife's more expensive one (though it also may be the lens, as her lenses are more expensive than mine as well). Fortunately, it isn't bright in real life as far as I can tell.

beneven

Reaction score
I was feeling a little preppy today--though others might have a more specific, more sophisticated definition of the term. As always: apologies for the crap photography.

Bonus Instagram pic:

Feedback greatly appreciated
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cashmere/wool. It shows up bright on my camera, but not my wife's more expensive one (though it also may be the lens, as her lenses are more expensive than mine as well). Fortunately, it isn't bright in real life as far as I can tell.

Metering, light and color balance issues between the cameras explain this. Look at the difference in your skin tone between the two photos. If you quickly adjust some of the properties in post-processing to match skin tone, the colors come much closer to your reference photo:

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you don't mind my asking, what is it about pleats that's causing you to "come around." The look? Comfort? Something else?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, so many great fits here lately!
@GMMcL, @Cleav, @Monkeyface, @SirDoctor, @daDudeson and @Tirailleur1: my compliments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members