• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMML, 

The change in colours between the photos is...mind boggling. First the tie looked brown but the close up shows green. My humble opinion is that it would look better if you throw out the vest. But either way, I like the way you look. 

Thanks. It is indeed greenish - somewhere between the two shots. I tweaked them a bit on PB, but chalk it up to: a) bad lighting; b) rushing around; c) 7 yr old as photographer; and d) who was subject to highly lacking adult supervision.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Great look Anden. Will do well in the FC, I'm sure.....

Seems to be unusually cold in the frigid north today, as both Swedish entries (thus far) feature cardigans for extra layering
nod[1].gif
We are now eagerly waiting to see if our cousins to the east will follow suit (@Roy Al , I'm talking about you).......

I will please an uncle from the brotherpeople hoping for everlasting bonds between the two nations that might lead to bilateral heating.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and here is a question for this side of the forum: how do I get a smaller knot out of this knit tie? I tied a 4IH but since it's a 3" wide tie, this is how it came out. Any other options?

as noted, just pull a little harder and squish it and smooth it. :uhoh:

---

GMML, and cleav, very nice.

evilb, i like, but the PS does not seem to go with the rest imho.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SVB, the knot doesn't need to be smaller because you look awesome today.

JDMills

Reaction score
SVB i feel like the arms need to be rotated to better fit your physique, or are those sleeve ripples there because youre standing all robopose

P.S. love the DB

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
SVB i feel like the arms need to be rotated to better fit your physique, or are those sleeve ripples there because youre standing all robopose

P.S. love the DB

Thanks!

I seem to get the sleeve pitch comment every time I post on this side of the forum though. Part of it is the pose. Maybe this is why stitchy does that "I'm buttoning my jacket" pose all the time? Anyway, I asked around once and the consensus was that altering sleeve pitch is a needlessly complex and expensive operation for something that is only noticeable in a robopose photo. So I haven't bothered, but I realize people are going to keep mentioning it on here. Oh well. 99% of the day, it's not an issue.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I generally agree, Stanley, but severe pitch issues will be noticeable in most positions, not just robopose. If it doesn't bother you, though, keep on truckin'!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seeing as I won't be able to post this tomorrow, I'm doing it now. Keeping it simple for a Friday.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I seem to get the sleeve pitch comment every time I post on this side of the forum though. Part of it is the pose. Maybe this is why stitchy does that "I'm buttoning my jacket" pose all the time? Anyway, I asked around once and the consensus was that altering sleeve pitch is a needlessly complex and expensive operation for something that is only noticeable in a robopose photo. So I haven't bothered, but I realize people are going to keep mentioning it on here. Oh well. 99% of the day, it's not an issue.

naw man, i do that to hide my fat gut and because i look like a jackass in the robopose. fwiw your sleeve pitch did not stand out to me. jacket looked good to me.

edit - now i see it. i think its the way your arms are hanging. i bet if you turned your hands in towards your body a little, the wrinkles in the arm would go away. also, the more important thing really is how it looks in motion during the day, not how it looks in a robopose fit pic. i know that is anti SF, but its fact.

---

great look, SB.

---

wow that rarri is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads