• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
As it happens, I was in the SuitSupply store on Madison Ave. in NYC with a friend who is 6'5", 220 lbs. and lanky, and there were no jackets in their long fits (I think that my friend is a 42L, American) that suited him. The jackets were often long enough to cover his butt, but they all had serious issues with gaping at the neck, or otherwise did not suit him at all. (As it is, he has cause to be in China with some regularity, and he has his suits and jackets made at WW Chan in Shanghai - not a solution for your problem, I would assume, as you're in Dublin, from your profile.)

Thanks, yes it would be pretty risky without trying it. I'm not lanky but broad on the shoulders so that makes jacket fittings difficult. Sometimes I'm a 40L, sometimes 42L. Depends on the cut and the fabric.

Thanks for the advice.

faribeana88

Reaction score
In nearly six months of posting pics, you have never acknowledged a single compliment, nor given a shred of advice to me. I really don't give a ****, as others have been really helpful in giving constructive criticism. But I wonder who really comes here for the hand jobs.
If you look at his posts, I think he may have posted in the wrong thread! I don't believe anyone has attacked him due to the fact that this is his first post in CM lol....I was looking at this post like:

WTF?!
wow.gif

eviltimeban

Reaction score
Quote:
In nearly six months of posting pics, you have never acknowledged a single compliment, nor given a shred of advice to me. I really don't give a ****, as others have been really helpful in giving constructive criticism. But I wonder who really comes here for the hand jobs.
If you look at his posts, I think he may have posted in the wrong thread! I don't believe anyone has attacked him due to the fact that this is his first post in CM lol....I was looking at this post like:

WTF?!
wow.gif
Well he only joined yesterday, with 4 posts? That's hardly 6 months of posting pics! I reckon its someone who created a profile secondary to their actual one.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, yes it would be pretty risky without trying it. I'm not lanky but broad on the shoulders so that makes jacket fittings difficult. Sometimes I'm a 40L, sometimes 42L. Depends on the cut and the fabric.

Thanks for the advice.

The nearest SuitSupply store (of which I am aware) to Dublin is the one in Vigo St., London - if you pop over the Irish Sea some weekend, drop by and see how their goods fit. As it is, I'm 5'9", and the jackets that I tried on at SuitSupply, some of the 42 shorts fit better than the 42 R's. Conversely, my partner, 5' 7", normally a 38S, bought a 38R - go figure.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sprezz - love it. and the mini bowtie is very cool and cute.

Right back at you, Stitchy. Hope you were treated right. Listening to some records and drinking some Bulleit, both Hanukkah gifts courtesy of the Wifey.

thanks, man. that sounds awesome.

no presents for me, i buy stuff for myself all year round. :)

Agreed, they have become workhorse shirts for me. And the collars are their best feature!

plz to alert me at next yooooox sale. :)

also, i want all of your striped ties, STAT.

Who DOESN'T come here for the handies?

inorite!

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Taking you guys up on your advice, I'll probably try to grab a good navy and charcoal blazer next. That should cover many functions and be easy to pair as well. I suppose one should start at the basics, eh?

Last edited:

eviltimeban

Reaction score
The nearest SuitSupply store (of which I am aware) to Dublin is the one in Vigo St., London - if you pop over the Irish Sea some weekend, drop by and see how their goods fit. As it is, I'm 5'9", and the jackets that I tried on at SuitSupply, some of the 42 shorts fit better than the 42 R's. Conversely, my partner, 5' 7", normally a 38S, bought a 38R - go figure.

That's up around where Savile Row is. Yes, no trip to London is complete without a trip to Abbey Road first, and then Savile Row... :)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tried to do something vaguely Santa-ish for this week's challenge them, what with reddish trousers, black (suede) shoes and an off-white turtleneck, but couldn't come up with anything all that close, so not going to enter it. You guys must vote Roycru for the win this week, though. If you haven't see his hilarious pic yet, go take a look.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to finish up some Xmas shopping and lunch at plaza food hall!
Borrelli lux vintage black and brown sport coat, zero padding or structure
Billy Reid casual button down shirt
Denim
Suede boots

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's up around where Savile Row is. Yes, no trip to London is complete without a trip to Abbey Road first, and then Savile Row... :)

Vigo St. runs from the south end of Savile Row to Regent St. - essentially, a continuation of Burlington Gardens (at least according to the A to Z in my head). The SuitSupply is on the Ede & Ravenscroft side of Vigo St., diagonally opposite the side street entrance of Gieves and Hawkes. (Ya think that I've been there a few times? :) ).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No GP shoes? Shirt? AAS knows how to do this.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got this tie on a lark, but it has become a favorite. Yesterday:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads