• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Victor's nemesis then?

Albert Hal

Reaction score

Everything second hand, of cource
The jacket is rather new, but second hand, and has a lovely colour, but I think the tweed quality is poor (€ 47). The waistcoat is rather unusual and second hand from England (€ 17). The knitted tie I bought at Salvation Army (€ 3,50). And the watch is an Atlantic Manhattan from the 1960´s (€ 120)

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket is rather new, but second hand, and has a lovely colour, but I think the tweed quality is poor (€ 47). The waistcoat is rather unusual and second hand from England (€ 17). The knitted tie I bought at Salvation Army (€ 3,50). And the watch is an Atlantic Manhattan from the 1960´s (€ 120)

Great stuff. I sometimes find that pieces that are not individually great in all ways - for example, as you say of this one, the tweed quality is poor, or the material is great but the lapel style is slightly dated - can still work very well as part of an ensemble if you have good eye for combining different elements that each have their own strengths. And you do this so well.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
8002984957_b22f58df66_c.jpg

8002998464_7b6bfaa097_b.jpg

8002971977_3d64fd6858_c.jpg

A little more sobriety from me today, and yes my shirt collar is of a more conventional style today...I still like the other one though!
-TTO

All items are gorgeous! but at the wrong, sorry. It would be more or less normal, if not for the bag and tie ...
confused.gif

There are too many different types of expressive detail.

1. hat
2. bag
3. tie

Each individually pretends very creative, but all three of these items together - bust ...

Once again, I'm sorry, sir, it's just my opinion
shog[1].gif

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Contrast stitching done on this black blazer, because without it he would have been too similar to the black-uniformed personnel.
nod[1].gif

And the contrast stitching in the jacket there was a "special feature", which makes the jacket more alive and personal. And most importantly - it does not get dull, as is often the case with a simple black jacket.

(I do not mean black tuxedo!
Black tuxedo Gorgeous itself!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

But just a black jacket - this is not good, in my opinion
uhoh.gif
)

smile.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good grief! There's a piece of fuzz hanging on the top button. :embar:
Since purchasing this suit six years ago, I've lost about 25 lbs. I've had it tailored down as far as it can go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads