• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't like today's fit, blame Pingson - he was the inspiration for me to drag out a three-piece from the archives . . .

The temperatures in NYC, after a major bout of rain, have lowered themselves a bit, making today's attire possible.

Suit and tie - BB
Shirt - PRL
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations
Boots - Paul Stuart

IMG_1353%20(534x1280)_zps345de646.jpg

IMG_1352%20(445x1280)_zpsf7096667.jpg

IMG_1351%20(781x1280)_zpsd0ec14ac.jpg

IMG_1348%20(1102x1280)_zpse8e6188c.jpg

IMG_1349%20(855x1280)_zps0f167b73.jpg

Albert Hal

Reaction score
Mimo. It is a routine. In very second hand or vintage shop I pass, here i Stockholm or elesewhere in the world, I take a quick look. Sometimes the gold nuggets are there.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
If you don't like today's fit, blame Pingson - he was the inspiration for me to drag out a three-piece from the archives . . .
The temperatures in NYC, after a major bout of rain, have lowered themselves a bit, making today's attire possible.
Suit and tie - BB
Shirt - PRL
PS - Robert Talbott
Boots - Paul Stuart

Thank Pingson! That is awesome, Mr Crust - and those boots really make it. Never mind the temperature; where I work it's in the 70s or 80s on a cool day, and 100-120+ for most of the year, so I had a few three piece suits made in linen, half lined, with a very light baste for wear-ability on the hottest days. There's nothing sharper than a three piece IMHO. You really look great down the the last detail - watch chain included.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Concentrating on texture today. The only thing I haven't worn here before is the tie, which is a 1960s thing made from Scottish wool by some long-forgotten French boutique. The fabric is really thick so this is the smallest knot I can get...

So I was lying and it wasn't all about texture, there's some colour too! The shirt has a purple line and there are hints of purple in the tie too, but the only place where I've gone full on with some colour is the socks and the laces. Some people will hate this, but I can't help my foppish tendencies...

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Concentrating on texture today. The only thing I haven't worn here before is the tie, which is a 1960s thing made from Scottish wool by some long-forgotten French boutique. The fabric is really thick so this is the smallest knot I can get...

So I was lying and it wasn't all about texture, there's some colour too! The shirt has a purple line and there are hints of purple in the tie too, but the only place where I've gone full on with some colour is the socks and the laces. Some people will hate this, but I can't help my foppish tendencies...
That's a beautiful suit, Mr Monkey. We have a similar foppishness about changed laces and bright socks. Actually, aside from your "ticket inspector" red jacket experiment (maybe only escapes the "uniform" thing if it's with jeans?), I rather identify with your taste. But you're slimmer, and I have better manners. ;)

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Albert Hal is cool.

+1. He's my new favourite poster. I wish I could find the kind of vintage stuff he finds.

And, for clarinetplayer and EFV - this is about as close-up as I can comfortably get of today's tie:

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suit and tie - BB
Shirt - PRL
PS - Robert Talbott
Boots - Paul Stuart
IMG_1353%20(534x1280)_zps345de646.jpg

IMG_1352%20(445x1280)_zpsf7096667.jpg

IMG_1351%20(781x1280)_zpsd0ec14ac.jpg

IMG_1348%20(1102x1280)_zpse8e6188c.jpg

IMG_1349%20(855x1280)_zps0f167b73.jpg

[/SPOILER
]
Thank Pingson!  That is awesome, Mr Crust - and those boots really make it.  Never mind the temperature; where I work it's in the 70s or 80s on a cool day, and 100-120+ for most of the year, so I had a few three piece suits made in linen, half lined, with a very light baste for wear-ability on the hottest days.  There's nothing sharper than a three piece IMHO.  You really look great down the the last detail - watch chain included.

Well thanks! I am grateful as well, as I really enjoy the look of a three-piece suit..

Last edited:

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, no three-piece today, but since we're experiencing temps in the low 10Cs, layered clothing it will be nonetheless.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A little more sobriety from me today, and yes my shirt collar is of a more conventional style today...I still like the other one though!
-TTO

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camel for hump day.

Cufflinks commemorate England regaining the Ashes for the first time since 1987.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tie's full on crazy today.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EDIT: Swapped the tie for a wool one, I think it works better. Too lazy to change the full body shot though
smile.gif

Old tie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.