• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
2011-02-26-Liverano-Mark-2-s.jpg
2011-02-26-Liverano-Mark-s.jpg
Liverano bespoke, my very first one. Liverano trunk show at The Armoury - March 4th & 5th

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
standard.jpg

Has not been requoted enough. Great suit, good colours, excellent shoes.
Originally Posted by luftvier
I've recently launched my own practice, which has been eating all my free time.
Good luck! (and hope the flu eases off soon).
Originally Posted by Kappelan
mmm20.jpg

Interesting sweater neck. Which collection featured a lot of that kind of neck last year; can't remember...
Originally Posted by yfyf

Suit looks great; really great. Shoes are a bit bright for the outfit for me, but I love the strong splash of red of the square echoing the small (?)lozenges in the tie. Sodden Sunday (a raincoat and felt hat were soon added...)
feb27001.jpg

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gaz & yfyf, the Liverano suits are really beautiful. The lapels
inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

IST, your shoes give Norwegian stitching a really good name. My first pair is due later this month.

Lufty, good luck!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wore a flannel suit to a dinner I had to attend Saturday. Won't be too many more days for flannel, which is both a blessing and a curse, since I love it. The flannel that is.

p1030566j.jpg
p1030568al.jpg

Deets:

p1030562o.jpg
sh1ql.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yfyf, nice suit although I think it is a bit short. A longer jacket would be nice.
Gnatty8,nice suit, who makes?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
Same for me - first came The Jam and a few years later Quadrophenia. We might be moving in the next year or two and depending on where we end up, and if there's a decent scoot mechanic around, I will be looking into an SX200. Might even sell my bike!

From those days me on the left ...

10pnbyx.jpg

My younger brother belonged to this tribe. I was into punk rock only, but must admit, I really dug some of his stuff, obviously the Jam, but also the Chords. He had a scoot that he busted up in the HS parking lot one night when he was riding it around after many beers. I sense an Archie Bunker, those were the days moment coming on, sniff..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Liverano bespoke, my very first one. Liverano trunk show at The Armoury - March 4th & 5th

I love it all yfyf, but if I had to pick one element I covet the most, it'd be that shirt..
inlove.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
2-89-1.jpg

4-55-1.jpg

5-33-1.jpg

Awesome. I need a bowtie!!!

Originally Posted by harry2quinn
I picked it up from the dry cleaners - it's mine. But seriously? WTF does it matter?
facepalm.gif

Birthday outing lat night. Of course I had to bring it. And it was brung. RLBL shirt, Pierre Cardin tie, bespoke suit, thrifted waistcoat, Robert Talbott socks, Brooks Brothers pocket square, Dior trenchcoat, and Mayer HK shoes. Giving the Spoo-branded finger-knit lean-forward sit-down and even forgoing the famous bathroom shots. What am I turning into?

Photoon2011-02-27at1017.jpg

Photoon2011-02-27at10162.jpg

Photoon2011-02-27at10152.jpg

Photoon2011-02-27at1016.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Awesome. Love it.

Liverano bespoke, my very first one.

Liverano trunk show at The Armoury - March 4th & 5th[/SPOILER]

Amazing. You are an inspiration.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Has not been requoted enough. Great suit, good colours, excellent shoes.

Good luck!

(and hope the flu eases off soon).

Interesting sweater neck. Which collection featured a lot of that kind of neck last year; can't remember...

Suit looks great; really great.

Shoes are a bit bright for the outfit for me, but I love the strong splash of red of the square echoing the small (?)lozenges in the tie.

Sodden Sunday (a raincoat and felt hat were soon added...)

feb27001.jpg
You have perfected the anti-slim look. You and o/o.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Wore a flannel suit to a dinner I had to attend Saturday. Won't be too many more days for flannel, which is both a blessing and a curse, since I love it. The flannel that is.

p1030566j.jpg
p1030568al.jpg

Deets:

p1030562o.jpg
sh1ql.jpg
worship.gif
worship.gif

EnglishLapel

Reaction score

Liverano trunk show at The Armoury - March 4th & 5th

Fantastic suit and shoes. Jacket is a tad short but that's how you roll so s'all good.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my fit from yesterday night:
rH3GR.jpg
2DwK2.jpg
Cevph.jpg
I look forward to criticism as well as compliments. Please, don't be shy. I'm here to learn.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
p1030566j.jpg

Simply super colour/pattern choices.
Originally Posted by acecow
You have perfected the anti-slim look. You and o/o.
Thank you, but o/o is significantly superior both in terms of consistently good fit and his level of pattern co-ordination. We both like playing in a similar way with colours though, I think. Talking of anti-slim though, the weird thing is that it doesn't actually feel particularly loose.
smile.gif
BTW, your monks are great. C&J handgrades of some kind, based on the shape/toe-medallion?

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Simply super colour/pattern choices.

Thank you, but o/o is significantly superior both in terms of consistently good fit and his level of pattern co-ordination. We both like playing in a similar way with colours though, I think.

Talking of anti-slim though, the weird thing is that it doesn't actually feel particularly loose.
smile.gif

BTW, your monks are great. C&J handgrades of some kind, based on the shape/toe-medallion?

Funny, between you and o/o I usually enjoy your fits a little more. Although, of course, o/o is an inspiration in terms of color coordination. Of course, it's very subjective.

The monks are Zegna XXX Couture. Not sure who the maker is, but they were made in Italy I believe.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great suit, yfyf. Very nice. The 2.5 roll is sweet. The Liverano aesthetic is very cool.

HF, neat country suit. Would look nice with a maroon jumper-vest.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i dont know yfyf - i might be the only opposing voice here, but compared to your Chan's this does not seem to fit as great. i know liverano is great so i'm assuming its the photography. shoes are too light also and dont harmonize with the color choices of the shirt/tie/ps

p1030566j.jpg
p1030568al.jpg

Deets:

p1030562o.jpg
sh1ql.jpg

the color combo is totally smashing gnatty!! is that the howard yount flannel suit (saying bcos of the buttoning point)

damn, u nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads