• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! - my jeans dyed my underwear blue

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First of all, I doubt that your undies will ever be as white again as they originally were. The color has set into the fiber and there will always be a light hue.
Secondly, I cannot believe that this thread went this far and no one chastized you for not separating lights from darks when you do your laundry. You need to brush up on the methods of taking care of you clothing so things like this don't create this much ridicule.

Gary

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drink8648
Secondly, I cannot believe that this thread went this far and no one chastized you for not separating lights from darks when you do your laundry. You need to brush up on the methods of taking care of you clothing so things like this don't create this much ridicule.Gary
I believe the colour transfer took place while he was wearing the clothing, not from washing them together... Raw denim has the tendency to lose indigo on most anything it touches, and will stain white shoes, socks, couches, car seats, and even white underwear. Stop worrying about getting the underwear blue and be glad it wasn't the pristine white leather seats in your bimmer.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
I believe the colour transfer took place while he was wearing the clothing, not from washing them together...

Raw denim has the tendency to lose indigo on most anything it touches, and will stain white shoes, socks, couches, car seats, and even white underwear. Stop worrying about getting the underwear white and be glad it wasn't the pristine white leather seats in your bimmer.

Wow! I completely jumped the gun on that one. Sorry to the OP.

Gary

Cali

Reaction score
Not only should you switch to dark underwear, I would recommend a switch to boxer-briefs, soooo much better.

zegogglestheydonothing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cali
Not only should you switch to dark underwear, I would recommend a switch to boxer-briefs, soooo much better.

I still don't see the problem with white underwear, assuming jeans don't leach onto them.

also, these are boxer briefs. where did i say otherwise?

Gewehr

Reaction score
Well, I had this problem too and well it never got fixed so I threw them away and bought new ones xD

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schnurretiger
Unless you are wearing a white pair of trousers: wear dark underwear. Black always look good underneath.

The color of your underwear shows through your jeans?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless you are wearing a white pair of trousers: wear dark underwear. Black always look good underneath.

Originally Posted by Stylin-1
The color of your underwear shows through your jeans?

?!?!?!

Schnurretiger is not talking about jeans, but white trousers. What are you talking about?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by NoVaguy
?!?!?!

Schnurretiger is not talking about jeans, but white trousers. What are you talking about?

Read again. He's saying that unless you're wearing white trousers, (which implies he wears lighter colored underwear or goes commando when wearing white trousers) you should wear dark underwear. So one would make the inference that he wears dark/black underwear with all pants except white trousers. Now true, he may not even wear jeans at all, so maybe I should've asked :"The color of your underwear shows through all your pants that aren't white?"

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
Read again. He's saying that unless you're wearing white trousers, (which implies he wears lighter colored underwear or goes commando when wearing white trousers) you should wear dark underwear. So one would make the inference that he wears dark/black underwear with all pants except white trousers. Now true, he may not even wear jeans at all, so maybe I should've asked :"The color of your underwear shows through all your pants that aren't white?"

i know what you're trying to infer, and think that's a pretty tenuous inference to be drawn.

another that could be made is that: "black or dark underwear always looks better underneath. for example, if you bend over and show tighty whitey, you look lame. better to not wear white in this situation. however, you don't want to be the guy wearing light white trousers and black underwear because that also looks lame"

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
i don't buy white underwear anymore. black or grey is so much more flattering.
lest dark underwear visually "enhance" your package to the point where it shows through other layers of clothing, I wouldn't use "flattering" to describe them. As for the selected few members of the opposite sex, I'd rather act so fast they don't have time to pass judgement
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by jkennett
I believe the colour transfer took place while he was wearing the clothing, not from washing them together...

Raw denim has the tendency to lose indigo on most anything it touches, and will stain white shoes, socks, couches, car seats, and even white underwear. Stop worrying about getting the underwear blue and be glad it wasn't the pristine white leather seats in your bimmer.

Can't believe I'm the first one to ask this, but does the OP wear his jeans inside out?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Can't believe I'm the first one to ask this, but does the OP wear his jeans inside out?

The inside waistband and inside fly portions use the outer (or blue) side of the denim. so these would contact the underwear.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I like a little patina around the trouser snake. I get the cockfade on the jeans and then a patina accentuating the package, what could be better?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads