• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello! Can anyone tell me if this shirt fits?

bsinge50

Reaction score
Hello SF!

Could anyone tell me if this dress shirt fits, based on the photos I have attached? I am getting married in a couple weeks, and I need a shirt. This is my nicest one, but it feels more snug than all my other shirts.

Does this look bad? Is it possible to tell from these photos?

Thank you for any help. My fiancee says it looks fine, but she's not expert.

Thanks.

suiturself

Reaction score
Agree about the sleeves although it's not a huge thing for your wedding since you'll have a jacket on for most of it. Also the length is fine since you'll tuck it in.

You can get a tailor to make the sleeves less baggy. You should do that asap so that, just in case it turns out poorly, you can go buy a new shirt.

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Looks pretty good. You probably won't have the jacket off much so I don't even know if I'd worry about the sleeves, but you can send them out if you're not sure. The tailor should be able to give you other pointers too because they'll be right there which allows them more perspective than we have. How does the neck fit? Something tells me it's a bit loose.

bsinge50

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, everyone. I'll try and get it to a tailor soon, and I will be wearing a suit jacket the whole time, probably.

Re: Mr Sartorial, the neck is good, I believe. If anything, it's a tad tight, but I think it is ok.

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsinge50
Thanks for the help, everyone. I'll try and get it to a tailor soon, and I will be wearing a suit jacket the whole time, probably.

Re: Mr Sartorial, the neck is good, I believe. If anything, it's a tad tight, but I think it is ok.

Cool, good to know! Good luck getting ready for the big day!

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of the people posting above have a clue what the hell they're talking about. The sleeves are fine, and it's certainly not too long. It will tuck in properly and stay tucked in. And the sleeves, which are perfectly fine, will not show, since they will be under your jacket anyway.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also don't see any problems with the sleeves. They are french cuffs, after all. I think the shirt is fine.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
None of the people posting above have a clue what the hell they're talking about. The sleeves are fine, and it's certainly not too long. It will tuck in properly and stay tucked in. And the sleeves, which are perfectly fine, will not show, since they will be under your jacket anyway.

Originally Posted by acecow
I also don't see any problems with the sleeves. They are french cuffs, after all. I think the shirt is fine.

Agreed. It looks great! Congrats man!

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt looks fine. Remember, you'll be wearing it with suit pants, not jeans. If you're concerned about tightness in the lower back/waist, try the shirt on with the right pants. Also, see if you show roughly 1/4-1/2" of shirt cuff when the jacket is on.

If the neck is tight, is this the shirt you want to wear to your wedding?

vincerich

Reaction score
It's certainly a slim-fitting shirt. If the collar and wrist close comfortably, then I think that it will look just fine after the wrinkles are removed.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbev