• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heinrich Dinkelacker Appreciation

How many soles does a shitkicker require?

Votes: 9 23.7%

Votes: 3 7.9%

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • MOOOOAR!

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Arthur_Dent

Reaction score
Picked up these second hand cordovan loafers from Dinkelacker. Looks like an amazing shoe, they are resoled but seems to be a quality job. I don't know much about the brand and can't seem to find this model anywhere, is someone able to tell me more about these shoes?

PXL_20211023_105749433.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20211027_105726118.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20211027_110258373.PORTRAIT.jpg

Dane_in_US

Reaction score
Picked up these second hand cordovan loafers from Dinkelacker. Looks like an amazing shoe, they are resoled but seems to be a quality job. I don't know much about the brand and can't seem to find this model anywhere, is someone able to tell me more about these shoes?

View attachment 1692854

View attachment 1692855

View attachment 1692856
Hi there,
Here is what I know:
Typically (I think always) all HD’s loafers are made on their “Wien” last. They used to produce shoes in Budapest, but have moved their production to Spain now. The Shoepassion group bought the brand a while ago. As far as I remember the Wien loafers used to be produced in two variants with two different lengths of the vamp (don’t know if its called that on a loafer too:) ). The longer version was meant for feet with a lower instep - the shorter one for a higher instep.

I have not seen a split-toe loafer from them as far as I can remember though…

I have three pairs of HD - and really like the shoes. Very solid construction. They are handmade - one person produces the whole shoe - and they typically write their name on the inside of the shoe somewhere.

ViatoremDiEfa

Reaction score
Hi there,
Here is what I know:
Typically (I think always) all HD’s loafers are made on their “Wien” last. They used to produce shoes in Budapest, but have moved their production to Spain now. The Shoepassion group bought the brand a while ago. As far as I remember the Wien loafers used to be produced in two variants with two different lengths of the vamp (don’t know if its called that on a loafer too:) ). The longer version was meant for feet with a lower instep - the shorter one for a higher instep.

I have not seen a split-toe loafer from them as far as I can remember though…

I have three pairs of HD - and really like the shoes. Very solid construction. They are handmade - one person produces the whole shoe - and they typically write their name on the inside of the shoe somewhere.
Where have you heard about the production being made in Spain? It would make sense if true.

I recently bought two pairs of shoes on sale from the official store, and both had defects on them. Stuff that a quick visual inspection would have sorted out. One pair had a 800 USD MSRP, the other one is about 650 USD.

Hoping that I was just unlucky.

Dane_in_US

Reaction score
Where have you heard about the production being made in Spain? It would make sense if true.

I recently bought two pairs of shoes on sale from the official store, and both had defects on them. Stuff that a quick visual inspection would have sorted out. One pair had a 800 USD MSRP, the other one is about 650 USD.

Hoping that I was just unlucky.
The production in Spain has been covered in the press and the store in Budapest also verified it. My 3 pairs have no defects, but I also purchased them physically in a store. I don't think production in Spain in a bad thing - lots of really good quality shoes come out of Spain, but I agree that maybe the QA is not where it needs to be. I would not accept defects even if you bought online - I would reach out to them and point that out unless the sale was due to defects. Good luck.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The production in Spain has been covered in the press and the store in Budapest also verified it. My 3 pairs have no defects, but I also purchased them physically in a store. I don't think production in Spain in a bad thing - lots of really good quality shoes come out of Spain, but I agree that maybe the QA is not where it needs to be. I would not accept defects even if you bought online - I would reach out to them and point that out unless the sale was due to defects. Good luck.
And world class quality autos. At least in the 50s:

ViatoremDiEfa

Reaction score
Spain makes indeed quality goods. Footwear and leather production, in general, has a very long tradition in the country.
I ended up getting a small concession for the one defect shoe, and the other pair I managed to get replaced with a flawless pair.
Overall, I am happy with the purchase. Lots of soles for the money, especially with the corporate benefits code. It is Probably one of the last production batches with the (now insolvent) J. Rendenbach soles.

alantrickman

Reaction score
I know this thread isn't too active, but I have a pair I bought a few years back if anyone was interested.

It's a Junya Watanabe collab, black suede with orange leather lining. UK10 new in box. They are built like tanks! If anyone is interested let me know and I can drop some pics here or in DM.

For what it's worth I am pretty sure this pair is a Budapest made pair, but I will have to double check.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads