• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever gotten a manicure?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes. It's a nice experience - kinda massage-lite. Pedicures are even better. It's best to go with your girlfriend. In fact, I doubt I could walk into one of those places by myself.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manicure! WTF? That's girly-men nonsense.

green

Reaction score
Went to do it with a friend (girl) once, then my nails got dirty again in about half a day, and that was the end of it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
No, but I once sheared two fingernails clean off when my grip on a baseball bat got fouled up. Does that count as sort of a manly-man manicure?

I don't have any categorical opposition to it, and one of these days will probably go with my daughter. But to date, I've never gotten around to it.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You forgot a poll option: Yes, it was girly and I loved it.

No, I've never had one.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - but only clear.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've done the manicure thing here and there but I generally just take good care of my hands myself (I've got a thing about dirty grubby hands) so it's usually not necesssary.

However, I really would recomend to you guys that a pedicure once in a while (every month or two) is a good idea... why? becuase it's a pretty neglected area of your body (I mean how much time do you really spend cleaning your feet) but actually an important part in terms of function, you're on them all day. Anyway, it's not becuase any girls going to notice, although if you're wearing sandles/flip-flops in summer then I definately would. Just for hygenic reasons, they get rid of a lot of dead skin and stuff and can help avoid bacteria buildup and stuff. Treat your feet like your trip to the dentist. While you're there, get a foot massage. Don't take this in a gay way, but seriously a good foot massage can be an awsome experience.

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS... Where can I get a nice/good quality manicure kit? Not the dollar store type, (looking for a present for myself)

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
I've done the manicure thing here and there but I generally just take good care of my hands myself (I've got a thing about dirty grubby hands) so it's usually not necesssary.

However, I really would recomend to you guys that a pedicure once in a while (every month or two) is a good idea... why? becuase it's a pretty neglected area of your body (I mean how much time do you really spend cleaning your feet) but actually an important part in terms of function, you're on them all day. Anyway, it's not becuase any girls going to notice, although if you're wearing sandles/flip-flops in summer then I definately would. Just for hygenic reasons, they get rid of a lot of dead skin and stuff and can help avoid bacteria buildup and stuff. Treat your feet like your trip to the dentist. While you're there, get a foot massage. Don't take this in a gay way, but seriously a good foot massage can be an awsome experience.

QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS... Where can I get a nice/good quality manicure kit? Not the dollar store type, (looking for a present for myself)

Are foot masages, best, when with, a happy ending?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Yes. It's a nice experience - kinda massage-lite. Pedicures are even better. It's best to go with your girlfriend. In fact, I doubt I could walk into one of those places by myself.
Agree, although they have them at our health club and that is pretty low key. They even offer a "sports manicure" which is probably the same as the regular one, but I feel manlier asking for it.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, for a real reply to the question, I have never had a manicure. I have had pedicures though, and regularly get them around summer time as to make my feet a little more bareable to look at if I wear sandals to the beach or what not.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
the joys of Vietnam
smile.gif
I travel a lot, and habitually forget to pack nail clippers. So, have to buy them, since I have the fastest growing nails on the planet. This means that in my bathroom, I have a small library of randomly acquired nail clippers. One Hanoi trip a yr or so ago I realised something. Manicures here cost 10000 dong (~60 cents)....clippers cost 15000 - about a buck... So now I just get manicures when I am travelling
smile.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
I've never had one but it wouldn't bother me. My nails are very unkempt, I'm sure I could use the help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads