• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys and girls jeans (yes, another thread about it)

vaalbara

Reaction score

Can't be for real? Why I was instructed to come here from one snob-fest to another one that's no different, I have no idea. You post something they wanna see, or else it's not for real, it's trolling. If it's disagreeable, might be a troll post. Seems yet again everyone here assumes money is of course no obstacle, everyone lives in a big city where all these obscure retailers run their specialty clothing shops, and if you don't know all about it then "wow man d00d brah, you're really stupid troll 4 realzah"!

Okay, so maybe you're content with the jeans you have, but I rarely ever see any dude wear that I'd call fitted, slender, or sleek in the way that I'd like it to be. Levis slim and skinny fits are pretty dang lame to me for the most part.
Should I warn all the others who don't give a damn?
post pics of what you're thinking of, then. apc new cures have a rise of ~9in, naked & famous skinny guys have a ~9in rise, hell one of the nudie fits probably has what you're looking for. if you want something even more crotch-huggingly tight, perhaps you should invest in jeggings?

ac_slater

Reaction score
If you're trying to be fashionable, quit buying skinny jeans. They had a moment in 2005. Now they're so played out it's ridiculous.

But if you're really gonna press on it, go buy a pair of APC petite standards and size down 3. Perfect skinny fit.

alphaline

Reaction score
Is the fit you're looking for a 'skin tight' fit? Since you sound pretty skinny Nudie Tight Long John is almost skin tight and sounds right for you. Also Cheap Monday Tight. But if you like to rock girls' jeans then go ahead. I actually know a few people who do. Girl jeans have a lot lower rise and usually smaller back pockets.

likeacat

Reaction score
Where do you live?

WV, and don't care about where I should move so don't bother.

If you're trying to be fashionable, quit buying skinny jeans. They had a moment in 2005. Now they're so played out it's ridiculous.
But if you're really gonna press on it, go buy a pair of APC petite standards and size down 3. Perfect skinny fit.

I'm not. Just like what I like. I'm also not necesarrily looking for a skinny jean, which usually implies that cuff is small. Problem is in the guys department, if it's not skinny fit, then you can bet it'll be pretty damn relaxed all throughout.

post pics of what you're thinking of, then. apc new cures have a rise of ~9in, naked & famous skinny guys have a ~9in rise, hell one of the nudie fits probably has what you're looking for. if you want something even more crotch-huggingly tight, perhaps you should invest in jeggings?

$195 - $200 for a pair of pants? I've come to the wrong place. My quest really isn't to find the tightest dude jeans on the Earth, it just a question of why I can't find a pair in the guys for a decent price that are basically a replica of "chick jeans". Take for example, the basic AE line and note the difference between what they describe as "sits low on waist" and "fitted through thigh" on their "slim" line for guys, and compare that to the "skinny", "artist", "original boot", or even "boyfriend" jeans for girls.

Last edited:

likeacat

Reaction score
Is the fit you're looking for a 'skin tight' fit? Since you sound pretty skinny Nudie Tight Long John is almost skin tight and sounds right for you. Also Cheap Monday Tight. But if you like to rock girls' jeans then go ahead. I actually know a few people who do. Girl jeans have a lot lower rise and usually smaller back pockets.

Well since you seem to get it, you should talk some sense into those fighting me. My point was they don't make guy jeans the same way they do girls, apparently quite a few here would disagree. No matter how specialty or expensive the dude jeans, they still look like dude jeans and fit like them too to some extent.

Last edited:

vaalbara

Reaction score

WV, and don't care about where I should move so don't bother.

I'm not. Just like what I like. I'm also not necesarrily looking for a skinny jean, which usually implies that cuff is small. Problem is in the guys department, if it's not skinny fit, then you can bet it'll be pretty damn relaxed all throughout.

$195 - $200 for a pair of pants? I've come to the wrong place. My quest really isn't to find the tightest dude jeans on the Earth, it just a question of why I can't find a pair in the guys for a decent price that are basically a replica of "chick jeans". Take for example, the basic AE line and note the difference between what they describe as "sits low on waist" and "fitted through thigh" on their "slim" line for guys, and compare that to the "skinny", "artist", "original boot", or even "boyfriend" jeans for girls.
Well since you seem to get it, you should talk some sense into those fighting me. My point was they don't make guy jeans the same way they do girls, apparently quite a few here would disagree. No matter how specialty or expensive the dude jeans, they still look like dude jeans and fit like them too to some extent.
did you even look at the cuts of the jeans and how they fit, or did you just dismiss them because they were $200?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So... you are trying to dress like a girl? Poor misguided people seem to have no problems creating ball-crushingly tight/low rise fits by sizing down already on very slim/skinny jeans meant for men. Pretty sure APC jeans are unisex btw.

Last edited:

ac_slater

Reaction score
PC jeans ARE unisex.

Just buy New Cures and size down 2 or 3.

I don't wanna hear any whining about the price.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you get older will you wear mom jeans?

rotflmao.gif

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

So... you are trying to dress like a girl? Poor misguided people seem to have no problems creating ball-crushingly tight/low rise fits by sizing down already on very slim/skinny jeans meant for men. Pretty sure APC jeans are unisex btw.

This. How could you wear girls jeans? I just recently got a pair of slim fit RRL jeans, and I have to be careful sometimes or risk a rather uncomfortable situation. If the rise was any lower, I seriously don't think I could wear them.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
5 star thread love the replies

likeacat

Reaction score
did you even look at the cuts of the jeans and how they fit, or did you just dismiss them because they were $200?

Well, that was one deterrent. The other being I don't see how the cut looked any different than Levis, and/or were very plain looking.

It's just what I like, admittedly a bit fem yes. Unisex as I've said, I dunno, it's still basically a "dude" cut. I remember reading an article once on unisex jeans that basically said it'd be no different than wearing dude jeans for a woman. I forget which ones they were talking about, but that stuck with me.

When you get older will you wear mom jeans?

Probably. Just the other day I saw an older guy sport them, gotta say they still look a heck of a little better (imo) than old man jeans.

APC jeans ARE unisex.
Just buy New Cures and size down 2 or 3.
I don't wanna hear any whining about the price.

Why size down into something, when I could have something in my waist size cut for a fitted and small look anyway?

This. How could you wear girls jeans? I just recently got a pair of slim fit RRL jeans, and I have to be careful sometimes or risk a rather uncomfortable situation. If the rise was any lower, I seriously don't think I could wear them.

Allz I know is I already own a pair, the rise is 7in. Great jeans, very comfortable. Only problem is the front pockets are basically fake/unusable.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads