• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grant Hill goes in

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did Harriet Beecher Stowe have racist term for black people go on a murderous rampage or something in a later book? I thought he was a fine fellow. Now he's treated like A. Dolph Hillter.

cronicmole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
If only Grant Hill could have stayed healthly....he had all the elements to be bigger than MJ except with more class.

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
3/5 of the fab five are a good reason to put an education before bball. i think jimmy king just parked my car.

Seriously, I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Jimmy King, Ray Jackson, and Juwan Howard all graduated in 4 years even though Howard left school a year early to go play in the NBA. And, Jalen Rose left a year early as well, but later got his degree awhile back.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Some have complained that the documentary didn't offer interviews with Hill or Laettner to rebut the Fab Five's comments.

But the filmmakers did one better. They simply showed footage of Hill and Laettner kicking the FF's ass on the court immediately after the *****, *****, racist term for black people comments.

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Grant Hill was better than anyone in the Fab 5. Too bad his career was hurt by all those injuries. He made 7 All Star teams in a row when he played for the Pistons and won a NCAA championship as well.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrgoblueguy
Grant Hill was better than anyone in the Fab 5. Too bad his career was hurt by all those injuries. He made 7 All Star teams in a row when he played for the Pistons and won a NCAA championship as well.

Man, it must have hurt you to type that.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrgoblueguy
He's a great guy and who knows what he could have done w/o the injuries but Chris Webber probably had a better pro carreer. Hill put up some inflated numbers on a bad Detroit team. I don't recall exactly but I think he's 0-6 in playoff series and Detroit actually starting doing better after he left.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Biggskip
You mean 2/5, right?

+1
I think Juwan Howard probably has enough $$ from his 15+ year (and still going) nba career not have to work again once he retires... plus he has his degree (got it on time too despite leaving early for the nba)

(I'm assuming Kunk meant rose and webber as his 2/5)

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fir3fox
He's a great guy and who knows what he could have done w/o the injuries but Chris Webber probably had a better pro carreer. Hill put up some inflated numbers on a bad Detroit team. I don't recall exactly but I think he's 0-6 in playoff series and Detroit actually starting doing better after he left.

eh to fair IIRC he kinda had a so-so detroit team when he was there and the players they got in the trade for him performed pretty well for Detoit (wallace was I think a 2 time defensive player of the year). He definitely had no where near the talent Webber had w/ the kings.
Also his last season in Detoit (and last pre-injury) had been his best so far and he looked to be still improving... I mean I don't agree with the MJ comparison, but a healthy Hill would've been a lock for the HOF.

After the first six seasons of his career, before his ankle injury, Hill had a total of 9,393 points, 3,417 rebounds and 2,720 assists. Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, and LeBron James are the only three players in league history to eclipse these numbers after their first six seasons

B Hamilton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
+1 I think Juwan Howard probably has enough $$ from his 15+ year (and still going) nba career not have to work again once he retires... plus he has his degree (got it on time too despite leaving early for the nba) (I'm assuming Kunk meant rose and webber as his 2/5)
Juwan might be the richest of the bunch. At one point David Falk was negotiating better contracts for him than Webber (in his $-making prime). And he's still collecting money as a player. Also he hasn't aged a day in the face which is the ultimate sign of wealth
laugh.gif

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get it. I thought Jalen Rose showed great courage to admit that he used to have jealous and ignorant viewpoints when he was a teenager. Methinks Grant completely missed the point.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
I don't get it. I thought Jalen Rose showed great courage to admit that he used to have jealous and ignorant viewpoints when he was a teenager. Methinks Grant completely missed the point.

Yep, but it is understandable why he did.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

chermy23

Reaction score
Can we please drop this.

I assume everyone in here understands the english language and how the word "felt" is the PAST TENSE of the word "feel". As in, "I FELT Duke recruted players that were Uncle Toms." As, thats how Jalen, as a 17 year old teenager felt at that time. Not how he feels now.

Jason Whitlock, Jim Nantz, Grant Hill, and now Coach K needs to let this go.

Fab Five forever, Duke is still a bunch of soft bitches and over rated P*ssies

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chermy23
Can we please drop this.

I assume everyone in here understands the english language and how the word "felt" is the PAST TENSE of the word "feel". As in, "I FELT Duke recruted players that were Uncle Toms." As, thats how Jalen, as a 17 year old teenager felt at that time. Not how he feels now.

Jason Whitlock, Jim Nantz, Grant Hill, and now Coach K needs to let this go.

Fab Five forever, Duke is still a bunch of soft bitches and over rated P*ssies

Don't forget Austin Rivers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads