• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

good brands for knitwear in italy

jake562938

Reaction score
I will be traveling to Italy in August and would like to buy a sweater or a half-zip made of cashmere or some other type of wool. I will stay in Coccaglio and visit Milan, Bergamo, Lake Como, Verona, and Venice. Are there any brands/stores you recommend in those locations? My budget is preferably around $600-700 but can spend upwards of $1000. Also, boutiques/stores near tourist areas would be preferable because I'm traveling with a group, but it's not a big deal if it's not. Thanks in advance.

lockstock

Reaction score
I recommend Luca Faloni for their superior pure cashmere and cashmere-blend garments at the price point of around €300-€400. While there are some inconsistencies in sizing and occasional minor defects, such as pulled or broken threads, these issues are easily noticeable when shopping in person. Despite those remarks, I think the brand offers the best value for the price.

Alternatively, if you choose to spend a bit more, Fedeli and Malo are very good options as well, however, my experience with them is quite limited.

jake562938

Reaction score
would you think a loro piana or brunello cuccinelli would be worth it with VAT off? I'm definitely willing to splurge but I've seen a lot of concerns about quality recently and don't know if the quality is that much better than the brands you're mentioning.
I recommend Luca Faloni for their superior pure cashmere and cashmere-blend garments at the price point of around €300-€400. While there are some inconsistencies in sizing and occasional minor defects, such as pulled or broken threads, these issues are easily noticeable when shopping in person. Despite those remarks, I think the brand offers the best value for the price.

Alternatively, if you choose to spend a bit more, Fedeli and Malo are very good options as well, however, my experience with them is quite limited.

lockstock

Reaction score
I think with those brands it is no longer a question of quality but of whether you want to spend that much money on a single garment. The quality difference at those prices is - in my opinion - not that much higher than the baseline to be the only factor to justify a purchase and brand name plays a heavy role too. Ultimately, if you want to treat yourself - go for it, but do not do it just because you think you will get a vastly superior item.

Personally, in your context I would spend the extra cash on experiences and just get something cheaper as a memento.

jake562938

Reaction score
I think with those brands it is no longer a question of quality but of whether you want to spend that much money on a single garment. The quality difference at those prices is - in my opinion - not that much higher than the baseline to be the only factor to justify a purchase and brand name plays a heavy role too. Ultimately, if you want to treat yourself - go for it, but do not do it just because you think you will get a vastly superior item.

Personally, in your context I would spend the extra cash on experiences and just get something cheaper as a memento.
yeah I'm starting to think LF is the better choice the more I think about it.

lockstock

Reaction score
yeah I'm starting to think LF is the better choice the more I think about it.
Ultimately, I think it comes down way more to fit than anything else. You should have plenty of opportunity to check out all of those brands and make a decision when you get there.

Edit: I think you will find this thread very useful too.

HHS5

Reaction score
In Italy, the month of August is when a lot of locals will go on very extended holidays. We learned this when we went to Rome a few years back.

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lupin 3

Votes: 6 18.8%