• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

smdbitchh

Reaction score
I have the Leopard Head print shirt which is very lightweight but not poplin. Some retailers online dont mention the weight and some do. Its best to see them in person if possible.

Tried the Banana print shortsleeve on the other day which is part of the S/S collection and the fabric was heavy which was surprising Nice shirt though
Is there one you have been in mind.

The "luck one" is light. If you have a particular one I live a few blocks away from a few stores that carry them I can take a look for you before you order

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tjonesd2

Reaction score

If anyone has an Imogene + Willie store near them, they are blowing out their collab GVB OCBDs at like $80. Navy and Olive overdyes, and regular white I think. Not sure if they are online, or if stores will do phone orders but worth calling.

I saw these in the Portland store, where they had good stock: nearly FSR on all colors.

These fit the same as regular GBV right?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone seen one of these in the flesh?

Printed Dot Oxford
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/gitman-vintage/gitman-vintage-printed-dot-oxford-shirt.html

Are they the same as the regular blue oxford? The fabric looks slightly lighter and softer.
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/gitman-vintage/gitman-vintage-oxford-shirt-112214.html

Thanks!

I have the navy/red one from this past winter and it has a slightly heavier feeling to it due to the second color pin dot weave.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Have the White on White and yes its is slub, but is also light weight not pinpoint but still lighter then F/W

Nice shirt BTW

PersilVouchers

Reaction score
Have the White on White and yes its is slub, but is also light weight not pinpoint but still lighter then F/W

Nice shirt BTW

Cool. Thanks. I have the pin dot shirt and its quite light weight. I'm after the rough, heavier cloth they use on the 'standard' Oxfords. Might try and find a store in London that has them so I can check it out.

Also really liking the new Journal Standard collection on End at the moment. That star print is lovely.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn new collection has more shirts than I've wanted in a while.

Good luck:

A bit more out there:

Japanese pin up:

Call me (anyone find a long sleeve in blue? Acrimony has purple)

spencers

Reaction score

Anyone seen one of these in the flesh?

Printed Dot Oxford
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/gitman-vintage/gitman-vintage-printed-dot-oxford-shirt.html

Are they the same as the regular blue oxford? The fabric looks slightly lighter and softer.
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/gitman-vintage/gitman-vintage-oxford-shirt-112214.html

Thanks!

I tried it on at Barneys back in November. Fit a lot slimmer than Gitman's normal offerings (size small). It was definitely soft, IIRC.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads