• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
Yeah I had to return a year or so ago. Took forever. Your best bet is to call them. They have old ladies working that department that ate not really used to high volume since the company's success that have probably been around small town Pennsylvania forever. Took me a minute to get my refund but calling definitely helped speed things up.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I finally got through on the phone (after three transfers). JoAnn was very nice and apologetic- she was also the one who sent me the tracking info instead of the R/A number. Overall a good experience on the phone aside from the waiting and not being able to get through sometimes. Feel kinda bad about my other post but I was just a little annoyed.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
I did the same thing. When I spoke with her it was all good. Kind of funny. Had to put myself in her shoes for a second. She's probably thinking why all the sudden people buying gitman the past few years like that? She's probably been there since the 80's!

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's normal to get annoyed, we're used to dealing with companies that have large call centers and/or people who are dedicated to responding to email inquiries and the like. Gitman, Alden, and a lot of these companies that are small (relatively, even though they seem pretty big in this little world of ours) are just not used to conducting business this way. A lot of these companies have been around for decades and only very recently have garnered the kind of attention they now receive. No fault to you in getting upset, especially since you were able to step back and realize the situation from their point of view. I still think it's a fault of the company and one they should probably look to improve upon in the future so it's worth mentioning, but it's also good to understand and appreciate where they are coming from and why they aren't better at providing 21st century levels of customer service to which we are so accustomed.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score
^truth. We as modern day consumers basically expect our asses to be wiped for us but that's not the case. Companies like gitman totally focus on the quality of their product and not their customer service which I can respect. Not saying they disregard customers either.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes I get a little wrapped up in the "I pay fashion prices so give me fashion service" mentality. Though recently dealing with Inverallan has been incredible considering how small they are, so I still do expect quality service for quality products. Simply making good stuff is often not worth it to me if dealing with you when something goes wrong is a nightmare.That said, I understand Gitman's position but do hope they improve.

Anyways, a small review:

I bought the snow leopard head shirt and was very underwhelmed. I thought it would be a thick oxford cloth (since it was marked as an oxford) considering Gitman's other oxford offerings and the F/W season, but it's a lame, thin poplin type of material that was just not worth $180. I would buy on deep discount, but can't recommend it at retail. It's also a slim fit so those interested might want to size up-- I'd say it fits about the same as the Gitman x Hillside shirts.

Last edited:

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ken thats what i wanted to hear about the seasons part. I have tried fabric softner already by the way.

Fash1on

Reaction score
anyone know if there is a catalog where i can look up shirts from season's past? i have some shirts that i'd like to know what season they are from. thanks.

mudshovel

Reaction score
This oxford feels really nice, but as I like to wear shirts untucked, the back tail is too long, isn't it? Should I bring this to a tailor or just give up and change brand for shirts?

What you think of the fit? And sorry for the sideways picture...

Edit: I'm 178cm/64kg and this is size S

Last edited:

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This oxford feels really nice, but as I like to wear shirts untucked, the back tail is too long, isn't it? Should I bring this to a tailor or just give up and change brand for shirts? What you think of the fit? And sorry for the sideways picture... Edit: I'm 178cm/64kg and this is size S
I actually have the opposite problem where I think my GV shirts aren't look enough. It's hard for me to keep them tucked. I'm also the exact same weight and height as you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads