• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

lovelux2010

Reaction score

hi guys..maybe the wrong thread, but maybe not - you guys may know button downs..
anyways, i have a few gitmans and enjoy wearing them, but been trying other brands like spellbound. anyways, came across this japenese beatboxer (yah kinda strange) - he has some killer button down shirts - anyone know what brand they may be?...

some may be CDG but hard to tell..

anyways.i love the gitmans but medium is pretty loose and small way too small..so tryig to find something in between that fit but in similar or same fabrics

lovelux2010

Reaction score

I hate how the sizing for Gitman goes up substantially between sizes as well.

yeah..would'nt mind trying to find alternative but so far no dice. spellbound button down is nice but super wrinkled look, so only ok for very casual. i'm thinking japanese brands may offer fabrics/fit that i'm after, but dont know which brands to try

biggerliz

Reaction score
what is the appeal of the gitman-bros shirts? what should i know before making a purchase? style? cut? quality? all of the above?

Thanks

lovelux2010

Reaction score

what is the appeal of the gitman-bros shirts? what should i know before making a purchase? style? cut? quality? all of the above?
Thanks

the collars are nice to my eye. i also like some of the cottons they use...and yes, the style is simple..
as far as cut,...well it depends on your build. like any OTR shirt they will be fine for some, and will look wrong on others. i find their sizing a bit awkward - the difference between a small to medium is MASSIVE...if there was a size in between that would be best for me..just depends on your body

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks

For their Vintage line...

quality and range of fabric, and the quality of construction

the cut is also good (but not perfect)

But the first two simply outweigh the cons when you factor in price.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gitman Vintage M is the perfect cut for me- just the right shoulders, chest, sleeve length, and the sides are just long enough to tuck (or not). I also like the height and shape of the collar. I just picked up a blue OCBD and a grey flannel, and I have a feeling I'll own a few more pretty soon...

BTW, where's everyone's favorite place to buy GBV?

Last edited:

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
How do the new Gitman shirts compare to BOO (in terms of fit, materials)?

An XS in BOO is almost perfect on me, and I don't want to deviate too much from the perfect fit, but Gitman's fabrics this season are killer

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Gitman Vintage M is the perfect cut for me- just the right shoulders, chest, sleeve length, and the sides are just long enough to tuck (or not). I also like the height and shape of the collar. I just picked up a blue OCBD and a grey flannel, and I have a feeling I'll own a few more pretty soon...

I really like Penelope's (shoppenelopes.com). They ship free on orders over $150, which most GV shirts are starting to command. Also Need Supply has the 15% SF discount, which is great too. Between those two and Barney's website, I can find most anything I'm looking for.

How do the new Gitman shirts compare to BOO (in terms of fit, materials)?
An XS in BOO is almost perfect on me, and I don't want to deviate too much from the perfect fit, but Gitman's fabrics this season are killer

BOO fits the smaller shouldered guys. Gitman fits more of a broader shoulder type dude. Depends on your weight to height really. I'm 5'7" and not quite 160#. The medium is SPOT on.

thatoneguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tres Bien is my fav, hands down

ambivalence

Reaction score
Mhmm guys. for gitmanvintage is it the a/w the shirts tends to be bigger while the s/s tends to be smaller?

jaac

Reaction score
Dat floral print. Not sure if thats wearable (for me atleast) but it's sick.

clemente21

Reaction score

the collars are nice to my eye. i also like some of the cottons they use...and yes, the style is simple..
as far as cut,...well it depends on your build. like any OTR shirt they will be fine for some, and will look wrong on others. i find their sizing a bit awkward - the difference between a small to medium is MASSIVE...if there was a size in between that would be best for me..just depends on your body

I'm in the exact same boat - right between a small and a medium, to the point where neither really work. What have you found that works better? Small in BoO and Our Legacy seem to be the best I've found.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads