• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

StraitUpSuburbs

Reaction score

tjonesd2

Reaction score

Yea same one. You don't think your tailor could shorten it because of the hem shape? I've never actually taken a Gitman to the tailor. I'm 5'7" and buy a large, usually just roll with the longness but this one is extra long.

Partially the hem shape, partially because the hem is close to the bottom button already.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually, what the other guy said seems right. Seems a lot like their summer chambrays to me. 

Thanks guys. Went ahead and bought it. Love club collars. I've never ordered a GBV with numbered sizing (14.5") Is the fit any different on these or can I assume it will be in line with a usual size small?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fw prints suck really hard so far. The prints are getting dumber and dumber, like trying to be too ironic or whatever. Hardwood floor print, jean ass print, etc... like the hot topic of button ups

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah think I'm getting just the blackwatch to keep in tradition with having them the past 3 years

eskamobob1

Reaction score
I have the same feeling with a lot of gitmans recent stuff. I mean that have always had a few weird prints, but it feels like at this point they only have a couple normal ones.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Gitman prints, even some of the weird ones. I own a lot... Dragonfly print, 3 florals, sakura woodblock print, purple aztec llama print, but lately it's just been crazy. Don't know what they're thinking or who even buys this stuff.

tunneler

Reaction score
SS14 had some of the best Gitman prints I've seen. The bananas, fireworks, birds of paradise, orchids, etc were great. The weird ones were really weird though. Who is buying this? Gitman's site usually lists most of their prints so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these stores just made the weirder buys.

Also their long sleeve and short sleeve shirts fit me differently. I'm sure this has been covered at some point in this topic. The short sleeve is a great fit on me, but the long sleeve is a little baggy. So I usually don't buy anything from FW.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SS14 had some of the best Gitman prints I've seen. The bananas, fireworks, birds of paradise, orchids, etc were great. The weird ones were really weird though. Who is buying this? Gitman's site usually lists most of their prints so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these stores just made the weirder buys.

Also their long sleeve and short sleeve shirts fit me differently. I'm sure this has been covered at some point in this topic. The short sleeve is a great fit on me, but the long sleeve is a little baggy. So I usually don't buy anything from FW.

Never heard that before. Can anyone corroborate this? Good to know in the future if I want a baggier fit I can buy the long sleeved versions and turn them into short sleeve at my tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads