• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting Rid of Upper Lip Stubble/ Wax? Nair? Help!!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
It's posts like yours that make style and grooming seem feminine. Wanting to look good is not feminine. Being interested in quality clothing is not feminine. Caring about proper grooming is not feminine. Worrying about waxing your "flawless" face, on the other hand, is Hollywood housewife feminine. You're a few sequins away from drag queen. That's all I have to say for this thread.
Well General MacArthur used to employ a makeup artist in his 'entourage' during the various wars, and wore lots of makeup--blush, lipstick, the works--because he felt it accentuated his features and made him more photogenic.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Well General MacArthur used to employ a makeup artist in his 'entourage' during the various wars, and wore lots of makeup--blush, lipstick, the works--because he felt it accentuated his features and made him more photogenic.

When you kill people as a career you can do stuff like that.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Was this around the time of the (allegedly) ***********ing J. Edgar Hoover?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Was this around the time of the (allegedly) ***********ing J. Edgar Hoover?
I read about it in one of his biographies. One of his aide-de-camps said that he wore makeup during the Korean War, but maybe it started early. He apparently had an extensive retinue of personal photographers, secretaries, etc. Very vainglorious.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP: um, you're of the male persuasion, right?

You're going to have stubble. It is probably going to get more noticable as you age; deal with it Unless you can figure out some way to have your body stop producing testosterone.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaliStyle
i have a beautiful face, why would i hide it behind a nappy mattress of facial hair?

Then post a pic of yourself.

If tweezing gets you the look you want, then learn to suffer through it. If you have pasty skin and dark hair, a tan will make the stubble less noticeable. Concealer/foundation is the quick fix, go to a makeup counter and let them do their thing.

CaliStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the truth
The model posted looks like he achieved his look by rubbing his face with hard penises. Just saying.

and you would be well acquainted and well rehearsed on what a face would look like after rubbing with hard penises wouldnt you?
just saying.

CaliStyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw
It's posts like yours that make style and grooming seem feminine. Wanting to look good is not feminine. Being interested in quality clothing is not feminine. Caring about proper grooming is not feminine. Worrying about waxing your "flawless" face, on the other hand, is Hollywood housewife feminine. You're a few sequins away from drag queen. That's all I have to say for this thread.
LMFAO. if thats all you have to say for this thread, its clear that you dont have much to say at all. so pls STFU. traditionally speaking even in a modern context, being interested in clothing, grooming and "wanting to look good" are ALL considered FEMININE QUALITIES. which is why its "Gay" to like to go shopping which is why its "gay" to be interested in skincare products or anything to do with vanity period. such qualities which you have just described as "not feminine" are actually traditionally attributed to women and gay men hence the premise for queer eye for the straight guy, where the "masculine" straight male is taught proper grooming and dressing to make himself look good by a group of "feminine" gay males. so quit it, ANYONE on this forum ranting and raving about whether something is feminine or not would be like an obese woman calling people fat. you mentioned that wanting to look good is not considered feminine, i want to remove the shadow above my lip "To look good" so therefor by your definition of what is and isnt considered feminine , me wanting to do such a thing is NOT feminine in the least. some of you insecure low lifes are acting like im talkin about throwing on a wig and a mini skirt, all i inquired about was removing a patch of annoying facial hair which does not go welll with the rest of my face. im NINETEEN Freaking years old im not a grungy 45 year old man as many of you may or may not be.
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
OP: um, you're of the male persuasion, right? You're going to have stubble. It is probably going to get more noticable as you age; deal with it Unless you can figure out some way to have your body stop producing testosterone.
yes im male. and i do not have stubble on the rest of my face for the 100000th time. only chin and upper lip which looks strange when the rest of your face is completely bare/smooth especially since the hair is so coarse. and please refrain from making bullsh*t assumptions if the amount of hair on your face is relevant to levels of testosterone this would mean that the hairier your face is the bigger your genitalia. and that is DEFINITELY not true im 19 years old. having a bare face is perfectly normal.
hsm2premiere016rd4.jpg
88il8.jpg
134dz8.jpg
>>>>>>>> looks way better than this sh*t
asymmetry3_final.jpg
huloooo.jpg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CaliStyle

if the amount of hair on your face is relevant to levels of testosterone this would mean that the hairier your face is the bigger your genitalia. and that is DEFINITELY not true

How many hairy guy's genitalia have you checked to come to this conclusion?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're only 19, then what's the big deal? Your facial hair will likely change. Don't be overly concerned with it.

Try different razors and products until you find a combination that gives you the closest shave. For example, I don't like the Mach3 razor because its TOO close for me, and I end up with ingrown hairs and other irritation, so I use a Schick 3-blade razor that is slightly less close and causes less irritation.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cali,

You do realize that in most - if not all - of your pictures' cases, the 'gent' in question is likely:
1) wearing some form of make-up, and
2) the picture has been 'fixed' with photoshop.

For all you or I know, these gents do not look this way without help. For that reason alone I would not go to great lengths to achieve the look you're going for. If you get there, great. But the use of nair or wax to reach this artificial ideal is more work or pain and suffering than I personally would consider. Actually, concealer is more than I would consider, but then again I am comfortable with my face, replete with its imperfections.

And, for what it's worth, the women I know find overly-groomed men nice to look at, but overall rather spooky.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads