• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer blind eyelets, but that's not a dealbreaker for me. As for the sole, I'd want all leather; if you settle on tomir or dainite, maybe Steve can sneak in an odd leather soled pair for me, but otherwise I'm out. It's not the look/profile of it, but rather the difference in "tap" when walking in leather soles compared with the "thud" of dainite.

I was thinking standard cap toe bal boot. Might still be interested in an austerity brogue though.

I already have a black scotchgrain pair of bal boots, and I think those burgundy museum U wing boots will serve as my crazy colored purchase for a while
smile.gif

Also I don't know about you guys, but I don't consider my tobacco adelaides to be a "normal" brown shoe; there's a shine/glow/brightness on the new tobacco suede that makes it stand out.

My preference is a Tobacco austerity balmoral boot on the Robert last with blind eyelets and speedhooks on the top. I would prefer a Dainite sole, but I'm flexible for leather soles if that helps us get to 6.

I would be open to a perforated cap toe bal boot as well. I think a straight tip would be kind of boring.

diglett

Reaction score
My preference is a Tobacco austerity balmoral boot on the Robert last with blind eyelets and speedhooks on the top. I would prefer a Dainite sole, but I'm flexible for leather soles if that helps us get to 6.

I would be open to a perforated cap toe bal boot as well. I think a straight tip would be kind of boring.
When I mentioned the cap toe, I meant one with a perf toe (quarter brogue? whatever.) as that's the only bal boot I've seen offered besides the relatively new austerity brogue.

So we're in agreement there.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I mentioned the cap toe, I meant one with a perf toe (quarter brogue? whatever.) as that's the only bal boot I've seen offered besides the relatively new austerity brogue.

So we're in agreement there.
Cool. Just making sure everything is clear.
cheers.gif
Just need @sacafotos to chime in here.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NWTeal
@diglett

Gents, I'm not sure if I can commit to another boot; should have two bal boot MTOs brewing, so the Adelaide or austerity brogue in tobacco suede would be my prime choices. Open to hearing another shoe design, so long as it's a bal...

diglett

Reaction score
@NWTeal
@diglett

Gents, I'm not sure if I can commit to another boot; should have two bal boot MTOs brewing, so the Adelaide or austerity brogue in tobacco suede would be my prime choices. Open to hearing another shoe design, so long as it's a bal...
Personal MTOs or GMTOs? Maybe the Bonafe special that's going on now? Fill me in
biggrin.gif

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
FWIW, I'd be interested in a suede balmoral boot whether austerity wingtip or cap. But two things:

- suede boots for me would be less rugged than leather or cordovan in appearance, and therefore make more sense to me as a lower boot e.g. six eyelets (blind or brass, don't care), no hooks, just over the ankle

- I can't do a narrower last. I'd like to try Forest, I'd roll with Rain

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All right gents!
Let's try to get these 3 GMTOs wrapped up here :))
I will open up the GMTO until next weekend Jan 24th so kindly send me a PM if you have any questions for would like to sign up!

GMTO #1.

Just waiting for final confirm from 2 memebers :)
Let me know if you have any questions about this GMTO or would like to join!

@diglett @PartagasIV @halfnhalfnhalf @Jazzmenco @DCFO @aldenwear

photo courtesy of member 'anderz'
fistbump.gif

GMTO #2.

GMTO #3.
:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads