• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

luc13

Reaction score

Hey Steve, do you know when these two GMTO:s Will arrive? I cant wait to recieve them!

The Wholecut are very sharp

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been lusting for a full suede bal boot for ages, but I'm not thrilled with the york sole of the pair offered on Carmina's site. Leather or bust.

So...tobacco suede bal boot on Robert? Blind or brass eyelets?

How about Tomir sole? Same profile as leather. See Leaves' recent post on Carmina soles in the Skoaktiebolaget thread.

The only leather soles worth getting IMO are the two toned beveled waist (a la GG) or HAF soles...plus metal toe taps. Gorgeous.

Last edited:

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a pic of the austerity balmoral?

Tobacco suede bal boot, you mean? I'd love a full suede bal boot, provided that I could snag a leather soled pair. Would also be interested in snuff, on forest/rain as well.

I'd be down for a balmoral boot on robert last. What's the idea?

Not sure what design you guys are interested in, but my preference is an austerity Balmoral with blind eyelets and speed hooks. @sacafotos I realized that there is an austerity Balmoral from Carmina on Robert after the fact. It's model 80336. Photo from epaulet below.

Carmina_Greeley_Saddle_Pair_1024x1024.jpg

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colour were you thinking

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I may have missed that you wanted tobacco suede. I already have a chukka and adelaide in tobacco.

I was hoping for either all black, which is boring in theory but would be a great boot for office / formal wear. Or, I could probably dig the new museum brown calf as well, which I think would also look pretty awesome with this style.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I may have missed that you wanted tobacco suede. I already have a chukka and adelaide in tobacco.

I was hoping for either all black, which is boring in theory but would be a great boot for office / formal wear. Or, I could probably dig the new museum brown calf as well, which I think would also look pretty awesome with this style.
Yeah I think @sacafotos threw out the idea for tobacco suede. Not sure what color @diglett wants. I have too many black and brown shoes at the moment. I do agree that it'd be a cool style in black. I also thought a black U wing boot would have been cool.

diglett

Reaction score
So...tobacco suede bal boot on Robert? Blind or brass eyelets?

How about Tomir sole? Same profile as leather. See Leaves' recent post on Carmina soles in the Skoaktiebolaget thread.

The only leather soles worth getting IMO are the two toned beveled waist (a la GG) or HAF soles...plus metal toe taps. Gorgeous.
I'd prefer blind eyelets, but that's not a dealbreaker for me. As for the sole, I'd want all leather; if you settle on tomir or dainite, maybe Steve can sneak in an odd leather soled pair for me, but otherwise I'm out. It's not the look/profile of it, but rather the difference in "tap" when walking in leather soles compared with the "thud" of dainite.

Not sure what design you guys are interested in, but my preference is an austerity Balmoral with blind eyelets and speed hooks. @sacafotos I realized that there is an austerity Balmoral from Carmina on Robert after the fact. It's model 80336. Photo from epaulet below.
I was thinking standard cap toe bal boot. Might still be interested in an austerity brogue though.

Yeah I think @sacafotos threw out the idea for tobacco suede. Not sure what color @diglett wants. I have too many black and brown shoes at the moment. I do agree that it'd be a cool style in black. I also thought a black U wing boot would have been cool.
I already have a black scotchgrain pair of bal boots, and I think those burgundy museum U wing boots will serve as my crazy colored purchase for a while
smile.gif

Also I don't know about you guys, but I don't consider my tobacco adelaides to be a "normal" brown shoe; there's a shine/glow/brightness on the new tobacco suede that makes it stand out.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk from a few days ago about lizard single monks reminds me....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads