• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, Questions, Pics)

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
I've never bought anything from pricepoint... are they alright? I've only had good experiences with jenson, speedgoat and competitivecyclist.

as an update: the only thing missing now are the shifters... my LBS told me they're working on it.

No personal experience with pricepoint but I know others who have used them and been happy.
I usually use probikekit.com in the UK but they're mostly road stuff.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
I thought he was suggesting pricepoint.com.

Yeah, sorry. I should have been more explicit. Pricepoint.com. I've purchased from them before and had no problem.

Originally Posted by DNW
More than what you can afford on a government salary.
smile.gif

(j/k)

Someone hasn't been paying attention to the recent newspaper articles about how rich everyone in DC is. [Crackpots.]

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DNW
So...when is ceramic braking coming to MTBs?

not for a while I guess. the new shimano xtr brakeset doesn't have ceramics, and sram/avid's new stuff hasn't really changed much in material use for their mtb brakes. I use formula brakes and I haven't heard of them bringing out ceramic brakes soon.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaeOne3345
My 2010 pedal force qs3 for the road...
4558862769_4268c6607a_b.jpg

I also have a 2004 Fuji Track Pro for the velodrome (this one is in pieces, finally getting some decent parts on it). I will get some pics of it soon. I miss the track.

Don't know why this hasn't been said yet, but nice bike.

JaeOne3345

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, sir. I love it. My father and I are pretty into it. I can't get him on the velodrome though.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
here's an interesting article on dubya and his new bike

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/niner-b...-presidential/

NINER_presidential_med.jpg

Niner Bikes co-founders Chris Sugai and Steve Domahidy spent Thursday morning of this week delivering and fitting a Niner Jet 9 full suspension bike for Former President George W. Bush, with assistance from local Niner dealer
Kennebunkport Bicycle Company.
"Most of Peloton 1, Mr. Bushʼs regular mountain bike crew, is on 29 inch wheels and he wanted t check them out. He asked Brandon Gillard, owner of the Kennebunkport Bicycle Company and Peloton 1 rider, if he could try a Niner. Brandon called us and of course we were stoked for the opportunity" said Sugai " It is really hard to believe that just a few years ago we were showing our first frame at Sea Otter and now we are riding with a former President of the United States"

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
Go GW! Maybe i will see him riding around on the trails one day since he's from the area.

or: maybe the Secret Service agents would politely encourage you to get lost
confused.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ well, guy sure looks like he knows his bikes

george-bush-and-his-bike.jpg

not like the other dude...

13obama-bike.jpg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
13obama-bike.jpg

It is so sad...there is a high end/custom shop in obama's former state senate office (literally 2 blocks down the street from his house) and yet he rides around on that thing looking like that. Shop could have put him in a nice commuter-ish or even dutch bike and given him some very SF approved wool riding gear.

Shiny

Reaction score
here's an interesting article on dubya and his new bike

http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/niner-b...-presidential/

NINER_presidential_med.jpg

As long as we're taking shots at Presidents, I've never seen W look so old.

And, one of the problems with getting more people to ride bikes is the false assumption that you need to be tricked out in some spandex or a full kit. I think Obama's everyday clothing get up serves bicycling purposes just fine.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Still gotta give W props for rolling with clipless pedals too
smile.gif

Never noticed it about that obama photo before...but I am pretty sure I lived on that corner when the photo was taken (right behind where the photographer is standing). If I could find a wider crop, I could check for sure...why the eff did they crop out the kids in the carrier on the "obama bikes with family" photo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads