• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

supern0va

Reaction score

Hello,

I am thinking of buying my first pair of GG, but I am not sure about the sizing,

I wear a 6 uk in 1966 last herring/AS, 
and 6 uk in jfitzpatrick aka the shoe snob.

Should I go for 6 uk with GG ? I was thinking of getting a deco lasted gg shoe.

Thank you !!

I'm uk6 in most shoes (j Fitzpatrick, carmina, Enzo Bonafe) but I take uk6 F width or uk6.5 E width on G&G. And even at F width, G&G is tighter than most other regular width shoes of the same size.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

phichi1106

Reaction score
Thank you so much Guys
smile.gif

Thanks a lot. You can order it directly thru. G&G Savile row store and approx turn around time is 4 months.

So exciting! That means my anniversary order should be coming soon
nod[1].gif

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm looking to get a G&G MTO version of a spectator shoe. Anyone have examples? Thanks in advance.

Spending an extremely pleasurable 15 minutes scrolling through the pictures on this thread, I've found a lot of pairings of different colours/textures that could serve as inspiration for you. I take it that you're looking for something other than the standard black-white spectator combo.

Lots of the pics aren't spectators themselves, but they have different leather combinations that you could replicate if it catches your eye. Vass is also a good place to look for inspiration.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was thinking about these today, with all kinds of wet snow coming around-- just not enough to shovel. If only I fit in the GG lasts better. These are really some of the most beautiful full brogues out there, but insteps are too flat for real confidence with me. So I may have to re-brew those with EG-- Falkirk in black Utah and Robertsbridge in walnut country grain. BTW, Leffot did something very close to this that may still be on their website.
(Edited) Thinking about next winter, I wonder if enough people would be interested in a "winterized' version of the Rothschild. Perhaps something like: Rothschild GG06 E or F width (if two widths are possible at all?) Oak Hatch Grain On a Ridgeway or a Dainite sole

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads