• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

nycxandy

Reaction score
Has anyone from the U.S. purchased directly from G&G? They ship via UPS so I'm wondering if custom/brokerage fees are included or have to be paid on top separately? Thanks!

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a very helpful leg up. Leaves.

I'll have another go.

Gable.

MH71.

Suggestions for colours:

• Vintage cherry - calf.
  • Navy blue - calf.
  • Espresso - calf

Or anyone game for hatch grain?

Single leather oak bark sole.

Lining?

Probably not necessary, but this is what a Gable on the MH71 last looks like. It's just a superb shoe.

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/products/gaziano-girling-gable-in-vintage-oak

I'm making an earnest effort to hold off doing another Vass MTO until the fate of our Gable has been decided. Needless to say my will power is fading.

Gable

MH71

I prefer Navy, BRG, or even Polo but I'd be open to anything except Cherry, Cedar, Chestnut, or Espresso.

Single leather oak bark sole.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best approach to the GMTO is to setup the model first, then last and go from there. I am saying this from personal experience as someone who has created many forum GMTOs. Yes some people will droop out of the game but some other might join in who initially did not express the interests. The key is to have model with the last and some pictures and go from there.

Arran in F width on MH71 last should be easy sell.

Okay, let's test that theory.

I propose the following as an F WIDTH GMTO

Model: Arran

Width: F

Last: MH71

Colour / Material - smooth or hatch grain calf in any shade of brown from light to dark. So, not green blue or purple and not suede.

Sole: Wensum preferred but not a deal-breaker

Lining: Don't care, it's lining.

Who's in?????

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone from the U.S. purchased directly from G&G? They ship via UPS so I'm wondering if custom/brokerage fees are included or have to be paid on top separately? Thanks!

I bought a pair directly from Dean, I had to pay customs though they did mark package somewhat customer friendly, just not enough (cost of boot was high though so maybe normal shoe is better?)

Not sure how their online store works though as it's through Nick at Bespoke England now I think

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finally got the chance to post the pics of my G&G St. James II ordered thru. skoak and i am glad i ordered these. I added the flush metal toe taps from my local cobbler (B. Nelson in NYC). I haven't got the chance to break them in yet but my initial reaction on the fit on these adelaides is very good. They sit tightly around the heel, ankle and instep so there is no slip at all when walking and then loose enough in the front to allow the toes to move freely. The color and burnishing on these is simply amazing as well and when shined i am sure they will come super nice. Many thanks to @dddrees , @TtownMD , @mw313 and others for recommending this model to me.
I'm happy that they worked out for you. We all are hear to help and since a few of us know a bit more about GG than others, we are always willing to help in any way we can.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on getting these repaired?

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cream, polish and brush will get those scuff marks settled down, and will add to the character. No repair will work I`m afraid IMHO. Brush, brush and brush again...

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cream, polish and brush will get those scuff marks settled down, and will add to the character. No repair will work I`m afraid IMHO. Brush, brush and brush again...

OK - just ordered some Saphir items from THP and a couple deer bones. Thanks

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought a pair directly from Dean, I had to pay customs though they did mark package somewhat customer friendly, just not enough (cost of boot was high though so maybe normal shoe is better?)

Not sure how their online store works though as it's through Nick at Bespoke England now I think

I had to pay about $30 to UPS Brokerage for duty. There are ways to handle that at the shipper, but G&G apparently isn't interested. I believe Nick now works for G&G, along with Karen, in the online sales dept and also runs his own business sans G&G.

Last edited:

Tony Yang

Reaction score
Hey Guys, has anyone have and difficulties getting in contact with Nick recently?? I ordered a Deco MTO Chester early Dec. and I still haven't gotten the payment link or order confirmation email.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Guys, has anyone have and difficulties getting in contact with Nick recently?? I ordered a Deco MTO Chester early Dec. and I still haven't gotten the payment link or order confirmation email.

Nick had a huge JL sale so it appears that has been taking much of his time. He's a good guy but it's busy time with sales.

Interesting this thread has severely slowed down recently. Maybe it's time to wear some G&G to get pics going again.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nick had a huge JL sale so it appears that has been taking much of his time. He's a good guy but it's busy time with sales.

Interesting this thread has severely slowed down recently. Maybe it's time to wear some G&G to get pics going again.

I think it is because it was just the holidays and many of us are waiting for many different MTOs amd GMTOs to come in first.

Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can post so,e pictures of my most recent pair that I haven't had a chance to post yet.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about this. My tan kudu Thorpe on the MH71 last in my narrow width!

Sorry for the scrubs and sneakers in the back ground. I took them after work.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads