• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

benjamin8451

Reaction score

Hi guys. I kinda find the TG73 a tad too 'squared' for me. Was just wondering if anyone's done a St James in KN14 soft squared last, or any pics of them to share so I could better decide? Much appreciated :)

I have them on MH71 last.

tre8

Reaction score
Yup I've seen that...guess that's the alternative then.
For some reason the KN14 appealed to me & was just wondering how'd it look on something like St James (or even if it was an option) seeing as it is usually used for loafers.

Cheers

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys. I kinda find the TG73 a tad too 'squared' for me. Was just wondering if anyone's done a St James in KN14 soft squared last, or any pics of them to share so I could better decide? Much appreciated :)

The KN14 is the soft squared loafer ONLY last. Years ago Tony advised me against using it in lieu of the TG73 on a non loafer shoe. Try the MH 71 Instead.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah I had not known that the time was limited. Had I known I might have pulled the trigger on the sale. It was not written on the site.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh baby

GazianoGirling3368Piers-Cunliffe-996x711.jpg

Looks like Glencoe on the tg73 or mh71 last. Love, love this combo

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The KN14 is the soft squared loafer ONLY last. Years ago Tony advised me against using it in lieu of the TG73 on a non loafer shoe. Try the MH 71 Instead.

About 6 months ago I inquired of using the KN14 on a non loafer MTO. While they recommended another last instead, they did say they would do it if I wanted it. The KN14 is one of the best loafer lasts on the market IMO. And the fit, for me, is great. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a variety of non loafer models.

Adamjonzey

Reaction score
Either that or to tight across the lower part of the facing. It is designed to stay in place without laces after all so would need to be narrower/ shallower

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About 6 months ago I inquired of using the KN14 on a non loafer MTO. While they recommended another last instead, they did say they would do it if I wanted it. The KN14 is one of the best loafer lasts on the market IMO. And the fit, for me, is great. I don't see why it wouldn't work on a variety of non loafer models.

Interestingly the KN14 is the only G&G last where I go for a D, whereas I wear 6.5E for all the other lasts. I do agree that it's the best fitting last. I've never worn EG's 184 but curious about the fit. Almost picked up a pair of loafers during Oakroom's sale but I just don't wear them enough and I already have a couple.

benjamin8451

Reaction score

Interestingly the KN14 is the only G&G last where I go for a D, whereas I wear 6.5E for all the other lasts. I do agree that it's the best fitting last. I've never worn EG's 184 but curious about the fit. Almost picked up a pair of loafers during Oakroom's sale but I just don't wear them enough and I already have a couple.

What size are you on EG? 6E?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads