• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

TommyB

Reaction score

Still debating just because I have dark oak from EG & kudu that are coming in are also very close in color. And up to this point trying to avoid similar color as possible.

I have just learnt that G&G are open to do a group MTO of a Thorpe in a somewhat lighter Kudu, one called Dakota:
http://www.aacrack.co.uk/catalogue.asp?product_id=241&option_id=2208

Something for you?

According to Nick at G&G they can make 6 pairs of Thorpes in that particular Kudu from A&A Crack&Sons, maybe more.

I can make a new thread for this GMTO if more are interested and if it's okay by StyleForum.

I'm thinking all eyelets (blind or metal), MH71 last in E width, dainite sole (I see quite a bit of winter) and probably storm welt.

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I personally would say Rioja would be better choice for thrope vs pearl grey.

For Pearl grey...I think a Wigmore on DG70 with broguing at the V seam and a PCT would look gorgeous. Maybe even grey suede above the seam.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have just learnt that G&G are open to do a group MTO of a Thorpe in a somewhat lighter Kudu, one called Dakota:

Something for you?

According to Nick at G&G they can make 6 pairs of Thorpes in that particular Kudu from A&A Crack&Sons, maybe more.

I can make a new thread for this GMTO if more are interested and if it's okay by StyleForum.

I'm thinking all eyelets (blind or metal), MH71 last in E width, dainite sole (I see quite a bit of winter) and probably storm welt.
Now, I think that will make a nice color.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I have question for The G&G Pig Owners' Club: how has the pigskin that they use held up? I've taken an interest in the pigskin that A.A. Crack offers, and I take it that G&G use it...but their site reads that it's mainly used for linings. How does it wear?

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holdens are in. Vintage chestnut with navy lining.

Officially, my favourite shoes among favourites.

I knew my voak Mitchells were due for some TLC when I put them on this morning, but damn if they don't look FUBAR in comparison ...

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kudu vs mountain ram. Which would you prefer? I'll post my thoughts and better photos later. Too much overlap for me though

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both boots are outstanding, however Kudu is cleaner for that kind of boot (I rather use Mountain Ram for a more casual/sturdy boot). Good choice those blind eyelets for the Thorpe IMO.

You lucky man.
nod[1].gif

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something for you?

I have not pulled the trigger yet but I would be down for that pair kudu I have seen the sample it's very nice in real life & if you have Gmto count me in bud.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads