• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know you had MH71 also. Why did you decide to keep the TG73?

Personally I am huge fan of TG73 & deco last. And I think shoes like St James & Sinatra you should go with TG73 hands down. But it's also a personal choice. I do have Isham Kudu & pearl grey st James coming in MH71 last. They were GMTO other wise I would of picked TG73 for pearl grey st James also.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still undecided between TG73 and MH71 for the ST James. I already have a TG73 Sinatra. Will get an F width, regardless of the last.

Which one do you think it looks best on the St James?

Careful which one you choose. From recent GMTO half the people went TG73 and the other half went MH71. You don't want to be on the losing side... :D

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks to Nick @ BE, I can finally rock the new round Deco this fall
I love that hatch grain and the round deco last combo! Great choice and I'll need to try both but in a lace up style since I can't wear any type of slip on with my narrow feet.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also incoming from Nick - last of 3 Strands, this time in black. Classic Deco last.

Regular black in the deco is great! I have enough black shoes but this strand makes me reconsider. Or maybe I can do this is another color like racing green!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still undecided between TG73 and MH71 for the ST James. I already have a TG73 Sinatra. Will get an F width, regardless of the last.

Which one do you think it looks best on the St James?

You are a winner either way IMO.

St. James in TG73 is the classic make-up, but my pair is in MH71 with no regrets...

I think TG73 is one very nice looking last & st James & Sinatra looks awesome in them I have them both on TG73 last.

But honestly it's your call you can't go wrong with either but my personal preference is TG73 for them :D

I love the saint James in both the MH71 and the TG73 but prefer the TG73. What color are you considering because I think that could make a difference. Also do you have pairs in both lasts because the TG73 is tighter at the toes. Some people do go up one width from the MH71 to the TG73 for that reason if they have long toes or a wider front of the foot.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol was just chilling at home breaking them in shorts lol

I do that a lot when I first start breaking shoes in around the house.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally I am huge fan of TG73 & deco last. And I think shoes like St James & Sinatra you should go with TG73 hands down. But it's also a personal choice. I do have Isham Kudu & pearl grey st James coming in MH71 last. They were GMTO other wise I would of picked TG73 for pearl grey st James also.

Same with me! Love TG73 and deco but have quite a few in order in the MH71 because it looks like a great option for certain styles.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Careful which one you choose. From recent GMTO half the people went TG73 and the other half went MH71. You don't want to be on the losing side... :D

As long as you are okay with both and know your size, you can always say what you prefer and just switch if only on last gets enough people for a GMTO

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As long as you are okay with both and know your size, you can always say what you prefer and just switch if only on last gets enough people for a GMTO

FYI, I was being sarcastic.

blue2007

Reaction score

I love the saint James in both the MH71 and the TG73 but prefer the TG73. What color are you considering because I think that could make a difference. Also do you have pairs in both lasts because the TG73 is tighter at the toes. Some people do go up one width from the MH71 to the TG73 for that reason if they have long toes or a wider front of the foot.

Vintage Cherry. I have a TG73 Sinatra in 11.5UK, but I recently tried a 11UK F in MH71 and it's perfect. So I expect the TG73 11UK F to be just as good.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regular black in the deco is great! I have enough black shoes but this strand makes me reconsider. Or maybe I can do this is another color like racing green!

tumblr_nv96q81NYQ1qj30hzo3_1280.jpg

Do this. From personal experience, racing green Strand on the deco last is full of win. You won't be disappointed!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads