• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I much prefer the wingtip on the TG73, as it softens the square toe.

Sort of agree, but TG73 otherwise seems a little too pointy for me. I do like it for the Connaught.

What is the G&G Wingtip single monk called?
Can't find it, but did come across this, which I believe is bespoke:

@Leaves

If you could ever pull a GMTO together for something like that...one can only dream :)

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sort of agree, but TG73 otherwise seems a little too pointy for me. I do like it for the Connaught.

What is the G&G Wingtip single monk called?
Can't find it, but did come across this, which I believe is bespoke:

@Leaves

If you could ever pull a GMTO together for something like that...one can only dream
smile.gif

I love this pair! I'd consider going in for one like this!

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post: A little premature because we don't know the colors of the Kudu but assuming the same Tan Kudu is still available but...

Kudu Thorpe GMTO

Material

Model

We need 6 in the same width.

Tan Kudu
Thorpe
MH71
Storm welt
Double Dainite
All eyelets or Speed hooks - Open
Lining - Open

Interested Parties - Widths

@ironist - F
@sacafotos - ?
@Pbayvip - ?
@greasymonkey - ?
@Namor - E
@darkoak - E speed
@ehult - E
@grc1 - E green

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Ironist

F width!

There was a tan alongside the brown; the tan seemed too light for my tastes, but I'll wait for Patrick to confirm.

Last edited:

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Ironist

F width!

There was a tan alongside the brown; the tan seemed too light for my tastes, but I'll wait for Patrick to confirm.

I know it's confusing but the tan was the one pictured. The acorn was lighter. That's why everyone was surprised when this turned out a nice mid brown

jamiemcp

Reaction score
What colour Saphir cream and polish are people using for vintage oak? I’ve got some dark drown but it actually seems a bit dark.

nmoore82

Reaction score
What colour Saphir cream and polish are people using for vintage oak? I’ve got some dark drown but it actually seems a bit dark.

Medium brown.
Exact same reason - I thought the dark brown looked too dark.

Last edited:

nmoore82

Reaction score
X-post: A little premature because we don't know the colors of the Kudu but assuming the same Tan Kudu is still available but...

Hope you don't mind me asking - apart that luscious appearance, are there noticeable differences with Kudu - e.g. more / less tough of a leather?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@Ironist

F width!

The Acorn Kudu was the light one, I did not fancy this color. The Tan Kudu is the color used on the pictured Isham. The name is a little misleading as most people picture tan to be lighter.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kudu Thorpe GMTO

Material

Model

We need 6 in the same width.

Tan Kudu
Thorpe
MH71
Storm welt
Double Dainite
All eyelets or Speed hooks - Open
Lining - Open

Interested Parties - Widths

@ironist - F
@sacafotos - ?
@Pbayvip - ?
@greasymonkey - ?
@Namor - E
@darkoak - E speed
@ehult
@grc1 - E green

I'd consider but I would be an extra width since I'm narrow. If you guys get it set on one width would everyone else of other widths still get the same price?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and here are some pictures of my most recent pair of shoes:

St. James II (older version) in Polo Suede on the TG73 last (Thanks to Nick of Bespoke England!)

Sorry that they were all taken on my phone so the quality isn't that great. They are just being broken in in my house, so that is why you just see a random long pair of socks without the pant legs showing. I didn't want to waste a pair of dress pants when the shoes are all I care about for the picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads