• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Xancatrius

Reaction score
I really appreciate the help and advice gents.

I live in Singapore, and there is a G&G stockist. Who happens to be a rather famous tailor, if I may put it as such.

The tailor stocks G&G in his personal showroom, where he happens to smoke and drink whisky as well. The shoes have not been done any justice at all in my opinion, and I honestly doubt he has the technical knowhow to address my problem. The leather is dry and the shoes I tried on had been tried on so much that I didn't even bother asking, because they weren't of the original shape. I asked if they had new shoes and they simply asked me to try the fitting shoes on.

I used to wear orthotic insoles as a child, but I disregarded them because at the time all I wore were New Balances, so honestly, I didn't even feel any difference because they were comfy.

Now that I have to move on to structured leather shoes, and walk around quite a bit, then do I realize how important insoles are.

I think the first priority now is to talk to my old orthotic and see if we can somehow find a way to fit the insoles into the shoes without compromising on sizing.

Then I guess I'll head to The Armory in December and see if something can be worked out. If not, I guess I'll have to very grudgingly go bespoke.

Xancatrius

Reaction score
I do hope they decide to come back, because I was at the George Cleverley trunk show in Singapore just three days ago and George Glasgow Jr said apparently they weren't coming back anymore because they didn't receive enough bespoke fitting orders, which really makes me wonder what happens to the few clients that did get their bespoke shoes done.

le.gentleman

Reaction score
More @ our factory tour of G&G.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm seriously looking at the brown Burnham chelsea from Barney's.

Anyone pick up that boot, and can share some pics?

Isbister

Reaction score
Man, I'm seriously looking at the brown Burnham chelsea from Barney's.

Anyone pick up that boot, and can share some pics?

I saw some Burnhams at the factory - I thought it was a wonderful colour (dark oak, highly polished naturally). The shape is very elegant. My only concern would be that perhaps they are too good to wear for riding.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thejazzcat