• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't know how much this makes me remember the regret I have in buying my Rioja Westminster's from Paul Stuart in the wrong size (uk11 instead of uk10.5) and having to sell them :(

I actually know the feeling all too well. This is my second attempt at a dark burgundy wingtip. The first was an EG Malvern in nightshade that came out too small. That was really disappointing after waiting 4 months for them to be made. G&G oxfords in any of their 4 non deco lasts fit me better than the 82 last so I switched sides. These are on the TG73 and I am pumped.

I hope you one day replace those Westminsters.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these at the sample sale a couple weeks ago, and had Tom at the Jaunty Flaneur install metal toe tips.

Whoever didn't take up their deco lasted Oxfords in margaux patina, if you're on here, I thank you - they've come to a good home.

Now I REALLY have to make some room in my closet :D
IMG_1387.jpg

papado

Reaction score
I actually know the feeling all too well. This is my second attempt at a dark burgundy wingtip. The first was an EG Malvern in nightshade that came out too small. That was really disappointing after waiting 4 months for them to be made. G&G oxfords in any of their 4 non deco lasts fit me better than the 82 last so I switched sides. These are on the TG73 and I am pumped.

I hope you one day replace those Westminsters.

I replaced them recently with a pair of EG Inverness in burgundy antique which again were a replacement of a pair I bought through BB a half size too big (I don't follow EG sizing of 1/2 down from US; I do a full size...). Guess we're star crossed brothers in burgundy wingtip land! I'll cop a pair of Westminsters eventually to go full circle at some point...

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I replaced them recently with a pair of EG Inverness in burgundy antique which again were a replacement of a pair I bought through BB a half size too big (I don't follow EG sizing of 1/2 down from US; I do a full size...). Guess we're star crossed brothers in burgundy wingtip land! I'll cop a pair of Westminsters eventually to go full circle at some point...

We definitely are because I started with a pair EG Inverness and wanted something darker. Lol.

ant922599

Reaction score
February promotion now live - MTO upcharge waived (or free trees if ordering RTW).

No code needed - shoes are discounted automatically in the basket ?

Now the hard part - deciding on which shoe!.....

Last edited:

unprocessed

Reaction score
February promotion now live - MTO uncharge waived (or free trees if ordering RTW).

Ughhh. I was set on a pair of RTW Acme quarter brogues that are being crafted and will be back in their inventory in the next month or two and this now gives me a very difficult choice to make.

BomTrady

Reaction score
A massive 'Thank You' to Simon, and everyone at @gazianogirling involved in the creation of my Optimum Wrens.. they couldn't have turned out any better.... and the fit turned out even better than I imagined.... outstanding! I can see a RTW/MTO pair happening in the not too distant future.. More than chuffed! ?❤
'Absolutely, beautiful! May I ask what was the turn around time from order date to completion? Was is closer to 16 weeks or 12?
Thank you.

ant922599

Reaction score
Got these at the sample sale a couple weeks ago, and had Tom at the Jaunty Flaneur install metal toe tips.

Whoever didn't take up their deco lasted Oxfords in margaux patina, if you're on here, I thank you - they've come to a good home.

Now I REALLY have to make some room in my closet :D
View attachment 1746120
Lovely! I think I recall seeing these, but sadly not my size.

I like Tom a lot - he did a great job re-soling my pair of Holdens recently, and also helped further darken a pair of Gables originally supplied in Midnight blue.

Still keen to try a patina or two - just need to decide which pair!

@grc1 do you happen to know whether Tom (or anyone in London) can competently install Triumph toe tips?

unprocessed

Reaction score
Margaux SJII came in today. The patina is stunning and hard to capture in photos. Think it’s the perfect color for the SJII, I like them more than vintage cherry. These were actually RTW, I lucked out on selecting the patina because they were out of stock in my size. Only “strange” thing is the heel and edge and are brown like in the RTW vintage cherry, but imagine some black cream can take care of it.

Attachments

• 03F2042D-50BF-4E94-ADB5-B8A96E67B6A7.jpeg
    03F2042D-50BF-4E94-ADB5-B8A96E67B6A7.jpeg
    174.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 7DEFCFBA-B0C4-4AAE-B121-791FAAEC7C7B.jpeg
    7DEFCFBA-B0C4-4AAE-B121-791FAAEC7C7B.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 103

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
February promotion now live - MTO upcharge waived (or free trees if ordering RTW).

Another pair of Thorpe for me. This time with exposed eyelts and speed hooks and on Ridgeway (or possibly double wensum)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads