• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but thinking about another Burnham, this time in espresso kudu
What size are you? I have a brand new Burnham to sell in Vintage Chestnut in case you are intersted send me a private message.

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
Anyone take advantage of the MTO promo? Curious to hear what you guys ordered

I want to take advantage of the MTO promotion. However, I might wait until their factories open back up. Right now there isn't anything I am seeing that UK factories are opening anytime soon. They had another MTO promotion at the beginning of the year and I have not heard anyone receiving any of their product yet. According to the recent Kirby Allison video where Kirby interviewed Tony, he mentioned that it is only him and Dean working on shoes. And I believe they are only working on the bespoke models. The longer UK manufacturers are closed the more it will eventually hurt their businesses.That's just my two cents...

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Oak Monaco first wear

EA3850AF-4968-46F4-8ADE-A5F3A5D9A064.jpeg

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, G&G noob here. I'm considering pulling the trigger on a pair of stock Canterbury boots. What sort of import duty and/or brokerage fees should I expect to pay shipping to the US?

papado

Reaction score
Hi all, G&G noob here. I'm considering pulling the trigger on a pair of stock Canterbury boots. What sort of import duty and/or brokerage fees should I expect to pay shipping to the US?

I don't have the exact figure (been a little since I ordered from overseas) but I believe import duties on shoes is somewhere between 8-10%.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are customs/duties not already paid for in the 50 GBP shipping charge that G&G imposes?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s messed up on an extortion level shipping charge.
It's been a while since I've bought from the UK but the shipping of G&G is pretty comparable from those I've paid for JL and EG. Due to the price, G&G doesn't just ship via Parcel Force; they use a carrier that has pretty reliable tracking and the package is insured.
If I'm spending close to a grand or more on shoes, the shipping price isn't too outlandish.
If you live in a city where they do trunk shows, maybe they can bring them with you if/when they start up again; however, not sure they normally do that though.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well let's have a look shall we. For delivery to the US, Lobb gives you free FedEx ground shipping. Edward Green provides free DHL shipping, with duties paid.

If I'm paying a grand for shoes, tacking on another $62 for shipping, plus making you responsible for duties/customs, is just unnecessary when your competitors provide free shipping.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well let's have a look shall we. For delivery to the US, Lobb gives you free FedEx ground shipping. Edward Green provides free DHL shipping, with duties paid.

If I'm paying a grand for shoes, tacking on another $62 for shipping, plus making you responsible for duties/customs, is just unnecessary when your competitors provide free shipping.
Well, you have a couple other good options there if free shipping is your deciding factor. The last time I bought online and had them shipped I had to pay shipping, so good for you now you get them free.

In regards to customs, that really depends on your country's tariffs and if the company you buy they from decides to pay for it, that's through their generosity/business decision.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have 5 or 6 pair of G&G’s off the rack. Just got in on their spring MTO special to upgrade my spectator game.
Ordered the Astaire in vintage cedar and white calf on the round deco last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads