• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5th SEPTEMBER 2014: LOUD TIES WORN WELL

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Spoo's auctions, I think that:

1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTUMN-Isai...035077330?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item540f5e16d2 is nice, though it may not count as "loud", at least not by my standards (colors are too subdued).
2) http://www.ebay.com/itm/RECENT-Brio...035077160?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item540f5e1628 This, on the other hand, is loud, like that moment when you are listening to a movie involving a comely maiden and one of @sugarbutch 's marital aids, and someone pulls out your headphones out of it's jack. And your mother-in-law is in the room.
3) http://www.ebay.com/itm/ICONIC-Char...069672006?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item486d328246 I just love this thing.

Most of the Brioni and vintage Versace ties he has on auction would do as well. Maybe he'd do a BIN. I'm not sure.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think ima pass on this one.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to kick this one off with my one and only loud tie. Put on your sunglasses!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that tie is going become standard issue to road workers from now on - apparently it's more hi-vis than those flouro vests they wear.

But seriously, that's actually really well done.

Thank you, PoP! I'm looking forward to seeing your entry for this one.

Works well! And a very distinguished pair of monks, may I ask the name of them?

Thanks! It's the Alfred Sargent Benson single monk in cognac shell.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only loud tie I have, I'm definitely in the soporific camp. Trying a bit of a mashup between @Holdfast and @Southern Style
biggrin.gif

Edit: friendlier photography
smile.gif

Last edited:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, I'M IN!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Works well! And a very distinguished pair of monks, may I ask the name of them?

Brother Adso of Melk and Brother Jorge of Burgos.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has me written all over it!

Only thing, which of my loud ties do I pick?!

Seems you've already decided on the one with "me" written all over it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru