• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

G

Griffindork

Cifoneli for work, in H Lesser Lumb's Golden Bale:

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
Gents, I am planning to get a Cifo Travel Jacket when I come in Sept. I will pick it up when I return in May (or the following September).

What are the payment arrangements? Do you pay the lot up front (which I hate doing)?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Berluti is having sales in Paris. I got a linen Forestiere for 30% off. I decided to size down to mitigate the slouchy look.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

French House H ermès is buying French menswear luxury leather manufacture Seraphin...
Yes, right now they just bought minority stakes of Seraphin. They will let Seraphin collection... But it's question of time. ; (
... buying may be a bit strong... and it is a small percentage that 'ermes bought a seraphin jacket i ordered a month ago arrived made of deer suede
2vug112.jpg

G

Griffindork

Gents, I am planning to get a Cifo Travel Jacket when I come in Sept. I will pick it up when I return in May (or the following September). 

What are the payment arrangements? Do you pay the lot up front (which I hate doing)?

Just call or write and ask but you will be happy with the payment terms.

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
Berluti is having sales in Paris. I got a linen Forestiere for 30% off. I decided to size down to mitigate the slouchy look.

Last sale I got double-sided cashmere and it worked out less than the cheapest version. It is the most comfortable piece of clothing I have ever owned.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads