• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KMag dgaf and racking up penalties to hold everyone else off so his team could get a point was awesome.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
KMag dgaf and racking up penalties to hold everyone else off so his team could get a point was awesome.
This will be a successful season for hass.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think sooner or later Max has to distance himself from the grip of Jos and his Manager and the madness going on at Red Bull GMBH (as difficult as that might be) and pledge his allegiance to Adrian Newey and Milton Keynes.

There is definitely a War going on for control of Red Bull Racing between the European and Asian contingents (with The Asians backing the UK factory).

Makes me wonder if Porsche saw all this coming and then pulled the plug on Red Bull ๐Ÿค
One has to wonder if Jos beat the hell out of Max as a child and there's some weird Stockholm psychology at play that won't let Max distance himself. Anyway, let the implosion continue. I'm not rooting for anyone, just for carnage.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One has to wonder if Jos beat the hell out of Max as a child and there's some weird Stockholm psychology at play that won't let Max distance himself. Anyway, let the implosion continue. I'm not rooting for anyone, just for carnage.
Well if Jos isn't afraid to beat the sh1t out of Max's mom and multiple other women, then of course he would do the same with his kids.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Max has apparently already silenced his dad after Horner called Jos' bluff regarding a Mercedes move, why Horner doesn't just banish him from the garage is beyond me??

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Super impressive race from Bearman. Incredible how much faster the McLaren was through the fast esses than the Mercedes. He gained like .5s in a couple of corners on one lap

Not boring like Bahrain, but we will be lucky to see a non-RBR winner this year.
Very exciting to see him race yesterday. For the record, I hate these Saturday afternoon races as I often have to watch it later in the day.

Always amazes me when guys this young get the call in F1. With 20 F1 drivers in the entire world, I always thought it made more sense to pull a more experienced driver from a different discipline like WEC/IMSA. Clearly he was the right call but it's hard to believe he's still a teenager.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max has apparently already silenced his dad after Horner called Jos' bluff regarding a Mercedes move, why Horner doesn't just banish him from the garage is beyond me??
Talking from experience; even if you know your father is a bad influence in your life, breaking the connection is hard.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking from experience; even if you know your father is a bad influence in your life, breaking the connection is hard.

It was in the British Papers this morning.

I think a rift between Jos and Max is opening up (like it did between Lewis and his Dad), there's way too much at stake for Max what with Newey in one of his Purple Patches and Mercedes in a bit of a lull (that might last until the next regulation change or longer).

You would have to be f*cking nuts to abandon a championship winning car, the highest salary in F1 and a boss (Horner) that has literally handed you the opportunity to be the GOAT

My prediction (and I've been quite lucky lately ๐Ÿ˜‚) is that Max will stay put on his own terms but Carlos Sainz Jr will be waiting to pick up the pieces if it all goes "**** up" ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Helmut Marko has failed in his role to have a decent successor lined up for Max, Daniel Ricciardo is seemingly a spent force and doesn't look like a challenge to Perez any longer.

Jos/Helmut hold too much power and influence, they now have to go!!!

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was in the British Papers this morning.

I think a rift between Jos and Max is opening up (like it did between Lewis and his Dad), there's way too much at stake for Max what with Newey in one of his Purple Patches and Mercedes in a bit of a lull (that might last until the next regulation change or longer).

You would have to be f*cking nuts to abandon a championship winning car, the highest salary in F1 and a boss (Horner) that has literally handed you the opportunity to be the GOAT

My prediction (and I've been quite lucky lately ๐Ÿ˜‚) is that Max will stay put on his own terms but Carlos Sainz Jr will be waiting to pick up the pieces if it all goes "**** up" ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Helmut Marko has failed in his role to have a decent successor lined up for Max, Daniel Ricciardo is seemingly a spent force and doesn't look like a challenge to Perez any longer.

Jos/Helmut hold too much power and influence, they now have to go!!!
If I'm Horner, I keep Marko around but make his life hell at RB.

I don't see Max leaving until after next season. No way he gives up another WDC title.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Agreed on Bearman.

On the flip side of what you said, it was super frustrating to see Piastri not gain an inch on Hamilton for half the race despite having DRS the whole time
McLaren's straightline speed is basura. Also, Piastri needs to work on his braking. Not suggesting that he's a hack or anything, but the race exposed an area of opportunity for him in his racecraft.

The Max thing seems to be less about Jos than about Marko:

โ€œI have a lot of respect for Helmut,โ€ said Verstappen. โ€œWhat weโ€™ve achieved together goes very far. Also, my loyalty to him is very big.

โ€œAnd Iโ€™ve always expressed this to everyone in the team, everyone high up, that heโ€™s an important part in my decision making - for all the time and in the future as well within the team.

โ€œItโ€™s very important that he stays within the team, including of course everyone else, because itโ€™s a whole team effort.

โ€œItโ€™s very important that we keep the key people together, because I feel if such an important pillar falls away - thatโ€™s also what Iโ€™ve said to the team - that is not good for my situation.

โ€œFor sure, for me, Helmut has to stay. For sure.

โ€œHe has built this team together with Dietrich, from day one. And heโ€™s always been very loyal - to the team and to the people within the team, to make sure everyone would keep their positions already from back in the day.

โ€œItโ€™s also very important that you give the man a lot of respect for what he has done - and that comes back also to loyalty, and integrity.

โ€œFor sure itโ€™s important he stays part of the team, also for me.โ€

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I finally started this season's DTS. Even though I knew Danica would show up, it was still like getting punched in the nuts. WTF is Netflix thinking?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally started this season's DTS. Even though I knew Danica would show up, it was still like getting punched in the nuts. WTF is Netflix thinking?
Read an article that said DTS's audience was, I think, slightly over 50% women under 30, so they decided to show more female faces, specifically Patrick and the woman from Williams.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
McLaren's straightline speed is basura. Also, Piastri needs to work on his braking. Not suggesting that he's a hack or anything, but the race exposed an area of opportunity for him in his racecraft.

The Max thing seems to be less about Jos than about Marko:

It's been suggested that Jos is "shagging" the suspended Red Bull employee at the centre of the allegations against Horner and is almost certainly behind the grievance and leaks.

You have to wonder about their motivation, Marko is eighty years old and we are to believe he suddenly resents Horner's position after twenty odd years.

Jos however is a known bully!!!

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched the first episode last night and it didn't keep my attention except when Claire Williams appeared.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads