• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Haas wants to pay, but there is the tiny problem that no Russian bank is allowed to operate in the western world, and western banks don’t operate bank accounts for anyone close to the sanctioned.

A simple solution for Haas would be to offer an escrow account at a notary here. They would surely freeze that money the minute it’s transferred, but it would lift the court order😅
Or a briefcase full of cash would also work.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lando is the driver I’m the most apprehensive ever about seeing on pole

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the way to paper over poor starts and strategy is to show up with a car a half second faster than everyone else

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max before today: I don't care if Lando takes pole, I'll always pass him in the 1st lap and beat him.

Max after today: Goddammit.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Lando Lando'd. After that, he drove a perfect race. Didn't hurt that he has, by far, the best car on the grid. It was great to see. Oscar was a bit of disappointment when he never could make a move on LeClerc with DRS.

I have no idea what they can do about Lando's yips at every start. It's not just this year on pole. I was joking last year about him starting 5th and being in 8th after the first turn. I think it has to be psychological at this point, and they need to get him onto a couch already.

Still, we do move on to the next round robin. Am I wrong, Dude?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Both Norris and Piastri had poor starts. I suspect McLaren got their calibration wrong. Verstappen ran a huge rear wing, so once Norris got DRS, the pass was relatively straightforward. Piastri was trying to pass Leclerc and Russell who didn't have such a disadvantage, so it wasn't quite a direct comparison. That said, Norris was decisively quicker all weekend.

Lewis' grid penalty was ridiculous. He drove around the outside of the track to stay out of Checo's way. And then for George to end up only one place in front of him... Young fella needs to work on bringing in the tires after a pit stop instead of trying to win the race in the next five laps.

Perez continues to flounder, but at least he isn't as bad as Sargeant. What a bozo.

I read that Albon's floor was .3mm out of spec and they fixed it by sanding the edge. Oof.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both Norris and Piastri had poor starts. I suspect McLaren got their calibration wrong. Verstappen ran a huge rear wing, so once Norris got DRS, the pass was relatively straightforward. Piastri was trying to pass Leclerc and Russell who didn't have such a disadvantage, so it wasn't quite a direct comparison. That said, Norris was decisively quicker all weekend.

Lewis' grid penalty was ridiculous. He drove around the outside of the track to stay out of Checo's way. And then for George to end up only one place in front of him... Young fella needs to work on bringing in the tires after a pit stop instead of trying to win the race in the next five laps.

Perez continues to flounder, but at least he isn't as bad as Sargeant. What a bozo.

I read that Albon's floor was .3mm out of spec and they fixed it by sanding the edge. Oof.
There's something funny about how high tech and specialized the cars design is...and then you just have to sand it down in the end.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See ya Logan…..

I wonder if Drive to Survive will show this with that tweet bird notification and people looking at their phones at the breaking news, or if they'll just gloss over it because no one cares. I could see them "ignoring" it despite being an American driver and the big American Netflix audience.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That crash ended his F1 career. I'm just glad that Mick wasn't put in to replace him. He crashes just as much too.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiacharlotte