• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Football --- Euro '08, Transfers, etc.

svelten

Reaction score
Where's the official Korea DPR support thread for their first qualifying in 44 years? They sure as hell won't have a forum for their own fans. Or internet for that matter.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tevez to City, its official...hells yes! I really like this guy...this team is looking like a force to be reckoned with...Tevez, Santa Cruz, Adebayor possibly, Bojinov, Bellamy, Ireland, Robinho, SWP...I'd love Terry in the back four...hoping he can be pried away from Chelski over to Middle Eastlands.

water

Reaction score
The biggest problem for Cit-eh is they are investing a lot in attacking talent without much of a glance at the back guard. Sort of a Madrid Lite.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they have faith in Richards (swine flu) and Dunne. I liked Chorluka lots, but the young Argie is a decent replacement for him, if he can stay on the pitch

water

Reaction score
Well, Dunne will need to do much better than last year. Of course, they may get Terry once they offer him a few acres of oil wells.

BRITINLA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Tevez to City, its official...hells yes! I really like this guy...this team is looking like a force to be reckoned with...Tevez, Santa Cruz, Adebayor possibly, Bojinov, Bellamy, Ireland, Robinho, SWP...I'd love Terry in the back four...hoping he can be pried away from Chelski over to Middle Eastlands.

You can have Adebayor, the ungrateful twat.

Terry is past his prime.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BRITINLA
You can have Adebayor, the ungrateful twat.

Terry is past his prime.

I think Terry was injured for much of this past season, hope he can stay healthy wherever he goes, he's a hell of a centre back

Germanicus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger

Tevez is a traitor and he's totally overrated. No control, bad passing and an even worse finisher, good luck on the bench.

I hope City go for Adebayor, poor man's Drogba. As they sing:"Adebayor, Adebayor, his dad washes elephants, his mom's a W....!"

surrender

Reaction score
Adebayor isn't half as good as he thinks he is. Hell, he only scored one more goal than Bendtner last season, and he was anonymous during the CL semis. 25 million could be enough to get a quality striker like Luis Fabiano, but I hope we can get a solid DM as well, such as Cana or even Flamini, who is rumored to want a return.

ChampdeMars

Reaction score
could see huntelaar playing next to van persie if the stuttgart deal doesnt pan out. would probably fit well under arsene scheme of young gunners.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Citeh are certainly picking up some decent players but most of them seem to be ones with 'reputations', I'm not sure you want Adebayor, Tevez and Craig Bellamy in the same room. I'm glad that Tevez has gone, he enjoyed a pretty good season for the first year but was rather tiresome last year. As for the Utd team as it stands, I'm happy to see how it works out for a year or two, there's a great deal of talent and potential there.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Citeh are certainly picking up some decent players but most of them seem to be ones with 'reputations', I'm not sure you want Adebayor, Tevez and Craig Bellamy in the same room. I'm glad that Tevez has gone, he enjoyed a pretty good season for the first year but was rather tiresome last year. As for the Utd team as it stands, I'm happy to see how it works out for a year or two, there's a great deal of talent and potential there.

I'm interested to see how they do this year without Ronaldo...that guy was dynamite, and a huge loss. Even Tevez leaving leaves them with Rooney and Berbatov up front...with an injury who would they use? The Italian kid? You think he's the real deal?

I agree with the assertation of these guys coming with reputations...even Robinho...but tell me a footballer w/out a reputation, and I'll sell you a bridge here in Brooklyn.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
^
Paul Scholes?
Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer?
Denis Irwin?

^^with the exception of PS, who is still playing? And I think PS is on his way out...don't get me wrong, as much as I hate the Munichs, this isn't an anti-Manu thing

BRITINLA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChampdeMars
could see huntelaar playing next to van persie if the stuttgart deal doesnt pan out. would probably fit well under arsene scheme of young gunners.

We may well see Arshavin playing a Bergkamp role next season. Don't forget Rosicky is "fit" again. Jay Simpson returns from a loan spell. There may not be a replacement for Adebayor per se, AW will just given Bendtner more playing time.

Would love to see AW get the cheque book out and sign David Villa. That will never happen tho'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads