• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOOTBALL • VOETBAL • FÚTBOL • CALCIO • FUTEBOL - 2013-2014 THREAD

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With how close the premier league often ends up cant blame mou for taking a calculated approach i guess

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where the hell is everyone??? No one posts in the SF footie threads anymore. What the hell.

Where is that COYS guy, and Sir Leedsguy, and the ManU guy (Barton? Benson?).

Damn

Wake up people, game on

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought Celtic did well in the battle to get to CL proper. Still second rate but atmosphere and momentum ran with them.

I like to see them in the CL because they do create a great atmosphere for home games.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where the hell is everyone??? No one posts in the SF footie threads anymore. What the hell.

Yeah, I wondered about the Leeds fanatic and what happened to him.

FWIW, heading into an international break and I think everyone is just sick of the transfer window still being open. I really am almost to the point of hoping Bale doesn't jump to Madrid and gets some time w/ the bench at White Heart.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Please don't say that about Bale. For the love of God, finalize this sale!!!! He will never be worth this much again - hell he ain't worth that much now - and I really like the guy. Salivating at what Spurs could buy with that $$$$.

Plus I hope the cheque to Roma does not bounce due to the incoming cheque from Madrid still being in the mail and all....

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
someone is going to get screwed this transfer season....there is too little time left, and there are too many contingent deals strung together for it to work out.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CL draw looks fairly entertaining. WILL MANU GET OUT OF THE GROUP?!?!

Juve/Madrid will be entertaining. ManCity might finally advance too.

Group of Death is fantastic: Arsenal, Dortmund, Napoli, and Marseille. Those will be some amazing matches.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FINALLY

09:26 BST: Another big breaking story that has emerged today is regarding the future of Kaka. The Real Madrid playmaker hasn't had the easiest four-year spell in Madrid and now it seems he will leave, with previous club AC Milan again the front runners to capture his signature. Arsenal and Manchester United are just a couple of the clubs that are also linked with the Brazilian.

"The club knows I want to leave and I would like them to help me find a solution for my exit, things are difficult for me here, there is less room in the squad all the time. I am ready every day to train and work but that does not mean that I am happy. I cannot go to Brazil because the market is closed, the exit would be within Europe, I don't want to talk about clubs because I have none at this stage."

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing game between chelsea and bayern today. I had a feeling bayern was going to equalise so i bet on it last 3 minutes lol.

Game was intense and great to watch. Cant help but miss Heynckes though, last years bayern was just so incredibly solid and effective.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A relatively big move that hasn't been talked about at all is Kevin Prince-Boateng's switch from AC Milan to Schalke. The fee was a reported 15m euros, which is a bit steep considering he only had one year left on his contract, but he'll be a great addition for the Royal Blues.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A relatively big move that hasn't been talked about at all is Kevin Prince-Boateng's switch from AC Milan to Schalke. The fee was a reported 15m euros, which is a bit steep considering he only had one year left on his contract, but he'll be a great addition for the Royal Blues.

Supposedly they're clearing the way to take Kaká back from RM (for about 5mil). What a return on loaning out a defective player for four years. :facepalm:

xudisco07

Reaction score

Maybe it is because he is a massive douche. Oh Arsenal signed a goalkeeper on loan I hear. That will really help them a lot. HAHAHA

I am unhappy to find out that the US will not be able to see Sky Sports deadline day coverage.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bale to Madrid breaks world-transfer fee record. Official confirmation now.

*holding breath for Ronaldo to be saddened again*

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads