• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOOTBALL • VOETBAL • FÚTBOL • CALCIO • FUTEBOL - 2013-2014 THREAD

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clint Dempsey leaving Spurs to go to Seattle, yay!

Kind of sad, but Deuce won't get playing time at Spurs with Soldado showing up and the other attackers they've amassed. Although.... Seattle? Can't go anywhere else?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kind of sad, but Deuce won't get playing time at Spurs with Soldado showing up and the other attackers they've amassed. Although.... Seattle? Can't go anywhere else?

a lot of clubs would have taken him, but none that would give him CL football and substantial playing time. not many players can get that

also Seattle is paying $41m (9 m to spurs and 8m/yr to Clint) and i dont think anyone else were in the market at that price.

EJ has been talking up Seattle to Clint and they are buddies. This may be a boost for USMNT as several of their players will be on the same club and will get playing time together.

Sad, it is not.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Of course, the figures are probably just media hype, but I'd say Suarez at 40 million is a bargain, and a way better deal for RM than Bale at even the same price, never mind 100 million

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the Bale numbers being thrown about, because Bale would be at RM already if they were true. No way are Spurs turning down a 100m offer for Bale, especially from a non-EPL club.

Spurs also needed to complete the transfer earlier in the transfer window so they could go spend the money. Although they have made a mess of that in the past iirc

If I am wrong and Spurs get that money for Bale, then I tip my hat to them.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't believe the Bale numbers being thrown about, because Bale would be at RM already if they were true. No way are Spurs turning down a 100m offer for Bale, especially from a non-EPL club.

Spurs also needed to complete the transfer earlier in the transfer window so they could go spend the money. Although they have made a mess of that in the past iirc

If I am wrong and Spurs get that money for Bale, then I tip my hat to them.

What I've read is that the "100m" figure was actually Angel de Maria, Fabio Coentrao, and 40m in actual cash.

herrmj

Reaction score
The Dempsey unveiling was fun last night, but the whole thing feels a bit weird...
Not that I'm complaining :)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Few things in this world are legitimately side-splitting. This one is, methinks.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, we don't.

Marcelo's "TOMA!!" towards the Chelsea bench was great too. Not a lot of class in that, but I'd equate it to coming out of a bad divorce. Some bad feelings are going to bubble up almost inevitably.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The better team won. CR7 was the difference of course. Both teams were in preseason form generally -- lots of wayward passes. CR7 was ready for prime time though.

Lots of talent on both sides. Fun to watch.

Lukaku looked stranded up front, other than his assist to Ramirez. It doesn't matter who the striker is if you can't get them service.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HOW BOUT DAT?!?!?! US comes from 0-2 down to win 4-3 against Bosnia. Johansson looked like a menace, and Brooks was solid enough for his 1st cap. Klinsmann is doing alright by me.

And hatrick Jozy.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the lead story on the Chelsea site I go to. U think that people are happy to see this man back?

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Amazing goal by RVP, and just when I thought United were playing crap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads