• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tomatic

Reaction score
and i would only recommend to use filson or fjällräven wax - can't stand the smell of domke.

raneym305

Reaction score

How many Filson owners wax their canvas briefcases and bags? The canvas seems pretty waterproof in its own right, at least enough for typical San Francisco rain, are there other benefits to wax that I'm missing?

I waxed the bottom corners of my briefcase since that's where most of the wear and tear occurs (I posted pictures a couple pages earlier). I carry my briefcase around town for about 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. It's been rained on alot here in Seattle, but it's kept all of my bag's contents nice and dry so far.

Pennypacker

Reaction score
Filson duffel with some peripheral characters:
y55xb.jpg

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson bags get tossed around in a lot movies, but they're pretty inconspicuous for a +$300 bag. Only actual owners would get excited to see "their" bags in movies.

Last edited:

Church's Goer

Reaction score
I've seen the tan duffel (in its various sizes) make the following film/tv appearances:

- Drive - large duffel

- Old School - medium duffel

- Battlestar Galactica - small duffel.

I don't care if you call me lame, or tell me I need vindication for my choices in life; I like spotting my duffel on tv.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I'd say that's pretty normal, for those of us who are obsessive about our possessions anyway.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Last edited:

raneym305

Reaction score

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Filson bags get tossed around in a lot movies, but they're pretty inconspicuous for a +$300 bag. Only actual owners would get excited to see "their" bags in movies.

Not sure why you put "their" in quotes like that.

Anyway, would you prefer if stuff that was worth more than $300 came in colours such as neon pink and green, to be more easily recognizable?

I'm not even sure what the whole point of your post was.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the latest and greatest on Filson sales right now (or places that do regular-ish sales)? I'm really looking for a medium (and potentially small) duffel but after car upgrades + whole new apartment worth of furniture to be bought I need to budget for, like, the first time ever.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

Oil Finish Tin Cloth Duffle. The small is $99 (I own it and love it!) and the medium is $149, I believe.

Was hoping to get something in navy. Are there any organization pockets in side? Using this for school, so some pockets for things would be nice.
Otherwise, maybe I'll just get the small duffle in tan ($225).

Anyone know where I can get the oil finish tin cloth duffle for sale? ^^

Last edited:

cjmakai

Reaction score
What's the latest and greatest on Filson sales right now (or places that do regular-ish sales)? I'm really looking for a medium (and potentially small) duffel but after car upgrades + whole new apartment worth of furniture to be bought I need to budget for, like, the first time ever.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Planning to buy a 256 brown w/ handgrip as a birthday present and possibly one to keep for myself!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads